The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

SUPERCHARGED 420a talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uh-oh

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2004
Coral Springs, Florida
I need a inline fuel pressure regulator for a 95 talon...I was looking for a OBX because i wont have to remove my supercharger to install it...anyone have questions about my setup feel free to ask

Supercharged 42-A? Ok, yea ill bite....

What supercharger? How much power? Stock motor or rebuilt? Cost and value of the work?

Oh yea....and PICTURES! :D

uh-oh said:
I need a inline fuel pressure regulator for a 95 talon...I was looking for a OBX because i wont have to remove my supercharger to install it...anyone have questions about my setup feel free to ask

You seem to be a bit confused. And you seem to have confused a few of us. How can you say that you are an "N/T w/turbo" and ALSO have a supercharger? Which is it? Cause I am SURE that you are not twincharged.

Most all aftermarket FPR's are "inline" at some point. The stock FPR on a 95 Eclipse GS, is located on the end of the fuel rail.

If you want to get an aftermarket FPR, then you have to disable the stock FPR on the fuel rail.

And ASFAIK, there are NO superchargers for our 420A equipped cars, although turbochargers are SUPER.

Not true, i HAVE seen some super custom supercharger jobs on a 420A motor in the past. Not just the neon reverse 420A but also the eclipse N/A 420A. Thats why im asking.

Its not outside the realm of posibility he has supercharged his 420A. But if he has, i want to see some pictures and i have ALOT of other questions to ask.

And most of all, IS IT PRACTICAL? In both terms of money and time/parts..........

green95hrcgs said:
You seem to be a bit confused. And you seem to have confused a few of us. How can you say that you are an "N/T w/turbo" and ALSO have a supercharger? Which is it? Cause I am SURE that you are not twincharged.

Most all aftermarket FPR's are "inline" at some point. The stock FPR on a 95 Eclipse GS, is located on the end of the fuel rail.

If you want to get an aftermarket FPR, then you have to disable the stock FPR on the fuel rail.

And ASFAIK, there are NO superchargers for our 420A equipped cars, although turbochargers are SUPER.
Thomas knight has made a eaton kit for eclipse 420a's, so yeah there are now superchargers for our 420a equipped cars

the thomas knight superchargers are electric, but they are a real supercharger...

There's no N/T w/ SC option, so maybe he just chose the closest thing.

there is a sc kit for a 420a dsm i have seen them on ebay and on another site. they run just under 3 grand and they push up psi 15 psi and they look cool. thats about all i know.

thats right belt driven not electric. Search the site better guys :thumb:

Ah thats right, i rember seeing this before.....to damn bad it costs as much as a stage 2 HRC kit....and in the long run it tops out at 15psi...

If something like this was cheaper i might consiter it, but as it is its just to damn expensive to warent buying this over a stage 1 HRC kit and make the same levels of power for 1/2 the cost...

To my knowledge there is only one other person who has supercharged their 420a. He lives in Tampa, FL. He was the first to sc the 420a and I have spoken with him many times as i once thought of doing this before buying parts for my custom turbo kit. He ran into alot of problems in the beggining as it is difficult to tune as no one knows everything about it yet. He ran into the problem of overboost then he got forged rods & pistons. He hit 389whp on 15psi if i'm not mistaken.

The kit also needs alot of custom work, you will need to bash in the firewall & the left strut tower to make it fit as it is pretty big...Have you already purchased the sc kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back