The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Sunvisor Reupholster - Won't Open

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnermaiden

Proven Member
Jul 27, 2016
Phoenix Area, Arizona
So I did find a few sources before posting. I started here: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/recovering-2g-sun-visors-detailed-pics.511945/#post-153646700

And ran across a few others. For the most part, everyone seemed to have a particularly easy time opening their clam-visors. Mine did the "pop" noise already, but will not open unless I break them (which I haven't done). I found on another thread deep in the comments of it (sorry, I can't seem to find it again) that the visors will NOT open unless you pull out the piece of shrapnel inside the catch dowel - but it's captive, and nothing is skinny enough to reach down there, or strong enough to actually grip it and yank it out.

I have been stuck on this for days and for the life of me cannot figure out how to open them.

Any input would be extremely appreciated!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back