The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

sunroof "sliding cover" removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

empie1

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2004
albany, New_York
i am redoing my headliner w/grey suede....i got it out and done but how do i remove the sliding sunroof cover to redo that?

If you just let the sunroof open not move back and you look from the top at the sliding edges you can see the spring clips. Just use a screw driver and push them back and the cover should fall into the car. Make sure you notice which one goes in top and botton bc I forgot and still cannot get mine to work right anymore.

Or do like me, grab, pull hard, break it, throw it away.

I hate that sliding cover. If you take it out your moon roof feels much bigger. And since its tinted anyway theres really no need to be able to cover it up.

Just my oppinion, I may be wrong, but I doubt it!

John

I think the easiest way to remove it is to take out the glass from your moon roof. its 6 star bolts that are visible from the inside with the sunshade back. (3 bolts on each side). once the glass is out. close the sun shade then look at it from the top. you can see several little springs holding pieces of plastic out. pull them back and up. it will come right out.

doesn anyone know how to fix the sliding cover? one of the little spring clips on the rear half broke on mine and now its a PITA to make it work right. Can i get just the clip or do i have to buy a whole new cover?
Zac

Head to your local pick n pull and take one out of another car is the best option I have to fix a broken blade. It seems like every one of these cars has a sunroof LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back