The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Stroker 2.3 timing same as 2.0?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony818

Proven Member
Jul 15, 2015
Denver, Colorado
Hey guys whats up. . . I tried looking for this answer but all i keep running into is a bunch of aftermarket cam gear timing on a stroker.
My question is, do i set the timing belt on a 2.3 stroker the same way i would on a 2.0? Like use the original timing marks, or do i have to do it different since i stroked it? If this has been asked before can you point me in the right direction and attach the link i havnt neen able to find it. Thanks in advance
(99 2g spyder)

The only time you need to worry it is in two situations. If you are either running a rebuild that has had significant material taken off from the block and the head, or if you are running a 2.4 block which has about 1/2" taller deck height, then you have to find TDC and then use a degree wheel along with adjustable cam gears.

Think about it. On a 4g63 block with longer stroke crank you didn't change anything with mechanical timing geometry. As stated if you use a 4g64 block then yes you will change geometry of the crank to cam gears.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back