The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Stripped transmission bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damn it, Jim!
Jk.
You have had one he'll of a time with this transmission.
You probably don't want to hear this, but drop it one more time and fix it with a helicoil. Use the red lock tight when you set the insert. Let it set for a day, so the lock tight can cure. Then put it back in.

You need that back bolt, so don't skip on putting it in.
If you leave it out, you run the risk of breaking the flex plate or trashing your transmission pump.
Really bummed to hear this happened.

I can't belive this is happening I had some trouble tightening the tc bolts I got then but am unsure if the tc moved . It was spinning freely before I tighten them should I be worried I haven't started it yet. What do u think?

It's going to be hard to turn once you get a bolt into the flex plate and tc. You are now turning the whole engine.
Is there a gap at the back of the transmission and engine? You will really need to fix that thread. If you leave it out, it will cause the joint to flex and eventually something will break.
I went through 2 flex plates before I realized I was missing that bolt.

I fixed the stripped bolt it was m8x1.25 kit. when i installed the troque converter bolts one was giving me a hard time I got it but am wondering if it unseated it self.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back