The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Racing quotes/sayings/phrases

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I didnt read through all of these but I always liked

"Nitrous is a temporary solution to a permenant problem"

The supra joke... "You know what a 600, 800 and 1000 hp supra have in common? Their time slips they all run 12s."

Kid: Man I bet my honda is gonna be faster than your car. I bet you my car will win. I will race you for anything. What kinda car you drive anyways?
Jose: He drives an AWD eclipse, built. You sure you want to say that?
Kid: Oh... Ok Maybe not but I will race you anyways... I probably wont win but I will race you anways.
Me: hahaha, sure sure.

Instead of studding homework you read [Modified's DSM section and general tech articles]. this is so true it has been me for the past 2 hours with finals 2morrow :)

quiksilver38 said:
^^^^^yea that chase was sick. "hes driving 100 around turns, and on the straight aways the driver floors it to an unbelievable 140!"

didnt his car just suddenly die out or something?

i love the chases where theyre like "the driver blasts to 90 mph, narrowly avoiding dense traffic" and its like a chase on a 5 lane highway at 2 in the morning, and theres no other cars. i always laugh cause they make it seem more dramatic than it is. like cmon, i cruise at 90mph to and from work at 2200rpm without breaking a sweat(my stang). 140 is just stretching my wings. they make it sound like youre approaching the sound barrier.

4BangR-x said:
ROFL ROFL

That host is such a ####, everytime i see that vid I laugh as hard as I ever have.

For a felon he did some decent driving. I think the chase ended because he blew a head gasket. I did some searching and found the video.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/63365/talon_chase/

Actually, I think that someone said they knew the guy in the video, and he reported his own car stolen to outrun the police, buy they got to him before he could get to the gas station; hence, he ran out of gas.

Well thats just stupid ROFL

Isnt there something called Beat The Heat where you can run from the cops on a road course or something like that?

I think he did run out of gas...

Lession" Dont use a DSM to run from the cops, it will break down LOL just like it always does.

95silverbullet said:
nice intercooler, is that turboed?

Awesome...

A buddy of mine with an srt4 describes all the mods done to his car as "stage 2 turbo, stage 3 intake, stage 2 exhaust"

so i tell him pulling a little piece of plastic out of my boost solenoid was a stage 3 boost controller:|

Eric_7810 said:
Awesome...

A buddy of mine with an srt4 describes all the mods done to his car as "stage 2 turbo, stage 3 intake, stage 2 exhaust"

so i tell him pulling a little piece of plastic out of my boost solenoid was a stage 3 boost controller:|

SRT owners for you. I cant stand people that do that.

4BangR-x said:
Well thats just stupid ROFL

Isnt there something called Beat The Heat where you can run from the cops on a road course or something like that?

I did a report on this, and yes. The Kent police department sponsors sanctioned events at drag strips and street courses where slightly to mildly modified cars can drag or race stock and sometime nitrous equipped police cruisers.

Then, for the the heavily modified cars, the Kent police have a variety of built cars such as a supercharged 5.0 stang with nitrous and so on that they car race. I think the best part about this was reading about the Kent Police Station's massive Yenko Camaro.

heres one i found from another site

"annual deaths per year from streetracing - 146. annual deaths per year from falling coconut - 169"

ilikespeeding said:
SRT owners for you. I cant stand people that do that.

Haha yes, i hang out with a group(6 or 7) SRT-4 owners, and that is how they explain their mods. If you get a certain amount of engine work, and a suspension upgrade you have stage 3. If you get a larger turbo or something you have stage 2. I am always kind of lost when they are talking about their "stages". Its weird because some stage 2's can be faster than some stage 3's.....and some stage 2's cost $3500 where others cost $900. I guess its just a personality thing that comes with the car........WTF

With that being said though, i am not saying that they dont know what they are talking about, i am just saying its weird for us DSMer's to get used to it! Here's a link to one of the guys runs www.dasmotorsports.com/video/1096_2.wmv , i know its alittle off topic but we were talkin about SRT's!

2DaTrakNow said:
Haha yes, i hang out with a group(6 or 7) SRT-4 owners, and that is how they explain their mods. If you get a certain amount of engine work, and a suspension upgrade you have stage 3. If you get a larger turbo or something you have stage 2. I am always kind of lost when they are talking about their "stages". Its weird because some stage 2's can be faster than some stage 3's.....and some stage 2's cost $3500 where others cost $900. I guess its just a personality thing that comes with the car........WTF

With that being said though, i am not saying that they dont know what they are talking about, i am just saying its weird for us DSMer's to get used to it! Here's a link to one of the guys runs www.dasmotorsports.com/video/1096_2.wmv , i know its alittle off topic but we were talkin about SRT's!

I am saying they dont know what they're talking about. I believe that anyone who cant handle details of the item (ie turbo name ect) relies on stages. I was talking to a honda owner who said he could own me after telling me he has a stage IV turbo. I asked him what fuel mods he had. After he replied none I just looked at him like he was stupid and laughed. Finally we opened his hood to find out that he had a T3/T4 with...get this...no oil lines hook up. He said his boost guage has been reading vacuum since about a week after the install and thought it was a malfunctioning gauge. I had alot of fun that day.

I told my buddy i did a 14b swap in my 2g gsx he says

"....so.... what is that stage 2?"

I was pissed

this isnt a quote, but a mere action a guy made at one of our "meets" last year at a parking lot...

I was just sitting on the hood of my 1g talking with some buddies, and this wolfpack of hondas rolls in. one guy in a white trashed out hatchback parks in front of my car so im looking his car over you know broken front bumper, gutter guard grille, you know the works.

so he steps out of his $300 ride along with his other car enthusiast friends, but his car is still running so i think "wow, this is actually turbo'd" so i start to look low for a front mount, I/C pipes or something to give it away but i cant find anything, meanwhile he walks away and talks with his friends im like WTF why does he have a turbo timer? well about 1 minute passes by and its still idling

I see him quick walk over and turn it off...

to this day i dont know what he was trying to prove/accomplish

Eric_7810 said:
this isnt a quote, but a mere action a guy made at one of our "meets" last year at a parking lot...

I was just sitting on the hood of my 1g talking with some buddies, and this wolfpack of hondas rolls in. one guy in a white trashed out hatchback parks in front of my car so im looking his car over you know broken front bumper, gutter guard grille, you know the works.

so he steps out of his $300 ride along with his other car enthusiast friends, but his car is still running so i think "wow, this is actually turbo'd" so i start to look low for a front mount, I/C pipes or something to give it away but i cant find anything, meanwhile he walks away and talks with his friends im like WTF why does he have a turbo timer? well about 1 minute passes by and its still idling

I see him quick walk over and turn it off...

to this day i dont know what he was trying to prove/accomplish

Some cars have this thing called 'auto timer' my cousin had it on his GSR. I always made fun of him because I told him it serve no purpose specially if he ain't turbo and he knew it didn't serve any purpose but for some people is cOoL haha damn ricers and their wana be tyte jdm y0 crap ROFL

This happened to me back in the summer of 2004...this is a copy/paste from a local board:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so I'm boosting my way down the Jennings freeway/SR 176 in Cleveland on my way to the charity car lot to look for a new beater. I'm doing the speed limit and minding my own business. I am accosted by a retard in a yellow C5 Z06, who proceeds to rev and yell things at me despite seeing the stock exhaust tip on my Talon and despite midday traffic. Presumably he is doing this to impress the blond riding shotgun with him, or to try to embarass me in front of my female friend riding shotgun. He pulls even with me, and lets off three honks. I half-heartedly give chase, but, as expected, he walks me by several buslengths. On top of that, he's at the exit for Charities unlimited, waiting for me with his middle finger in the air. He promptly vacates the parking lot as I pull towards him, not knowing that I was just going to continue to ignore this fool.

So tell me, why would a Z06 owner think it's some kind of ####ing accomplishment to beat a stock, AWD, 156K-mile DSM from a roll? He must have the smallest penis in North America.

jp171 said:
This happened to me back in the summer of 2004...this is a copy/paste from a local board:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, so I'm boosting my way down the Jennings freeway/SR 176 in Cleveland on my way to the charity car lot to look for a new beater. I'm doing the speed limit and minding my own business. I am accosted by a retard in a yellow C5 Z06, who proceeds to rev and yell things at me despite seeing the stock exhaust tip on my Talon and despite midday traffic. Presumably he is doing this to impress the blond riding shotgun with him, or to try to embarass me in front of my female friend riding shotgun. He pulls even with me, and lets off three honks. I half-heartedly give chase, but, as expected, he walks me by several buslengths. On top of that, he's at the exit for Charities unlimited, waiting for me with his middle finger in the air. He promptly vacates the parking lot as I pull towards him, not knowing that I was just going to continue to ignore this fool.

So tell me, why would a Z06 owner think it's some kind of ####ing accomplishment to beat a stock, AWD, 156K-mile DSM from a roll? He must have the smallest penis in North America.

That is just sad. I cant believe you tried. By doing that you just made that guys day. That guys needs to feel the wrath of a few dsm's that Ive seen around here.:mad:

ilikespeeding said:
I am saying they dont know what they're talking about. I believe that anyone who cant handle details of the item (ie turbo name ect) relies on stages....

Wow. Just stop right there actually. Obviously YOU dont know what your talking about...SRT-4 MOPAR upgrades are named by stages. Stop talking like you know everything. Stage 1= new computer, Stage 2= 6500rpm rev-limiter and a different wastegate, Stage 3= bigger turbo, high octane mode, and other random goodies. So dont go around saying that SRT-4 owners are retarded when they talk about what stages they have.

They also have stages of suspension...stage 1 is just springs, stage 2 is coilovers, stage 3 is coilovers with adjustable damping, and stage 4 is their race coilover.

You can get them from the factory, supplied by Mopar, and yes....theyre named in STAGES.

ILLiCliPSE said:
Wow. Just stop right there actually. Obviously YOU dont know what your talking about...SRT-4 MOPAR upgrades are named by stages. Stop talking like you know everything. Stage 1= new computer, Stage 2= 6500rpm rev-limiter and a different wastegate, Stage 3= bigger turbo, high octane mode, and other random goodies. So dont go around saying that SRT-4 owners are retarded when they talk about what stages they have.

They also have stages of suspension...stage 1 is just springs, stage 2 is coilovers, stage 3 is coilovers with adjustable damping, and stage 4 is their race coilover.

You can get them from the factory, supplied by Mopar, and yes....theyre named in STAGES.

yes, they are stages. ways to simplify mods so any idiot 16 year old can comprehend their use. all they know is "stage 1 is fast, stage2 is faster, stage3 is fastest". hell, even their stages come with what they call "toys". stage2 with toys is a IC sprayer and HOM(high octane mode). theyre so immature, their parts are reffered to as "Toys" i am a bystandard to my buddies srt4 addiction, and its sad. while they are fast ass cars, most guys would cower if you ever had to go over how to actually tune something like DSMlink, or if you started talking about airflow and compressor ratios. thankfully, my buddy is avoiding the mopar stages and will be going the real way.

i just have to laugh when they try to take their cars in for warranty work. the infamous TPS wire being one of the storys from last nights meet. they tried to tell him his mopar bov was a wastegate, since it lets wasted air from the turbo into the atmosphere. his car is now been labeled as a gross polluter. they then tried to say due to the "Racing tires"(the ones that are a few levels under the ones that come stock on a srt4) that he is a streetracer. then because he has a stage1 ecu and agp wastegate and running more boost, that his turbo is no longer under warranty since it will undoubtedly grenade if any more than 15psi. all i wanted to say was "dam, its sad even the company that makes these piles dont know what the #### theyre talking about" but i kept my mouth shut.

ILLiCliPSE said:

Aww....Im sorry. If it makes you feel any better Ill say that know what they're talking about.

Mods from kits, IMO, are no where near as good as kits pieced together. For example, sure you could go out and buy a $8,000 computer with a 6 GHz processor and all the gadgets, but what if I could build a computer with more power for 6 grand? Buy parts individually is sometimes cheaper and chances are, you probably wont use every bit of what comes with that 8 thousand dollar computer, and thus, you have potential to spend money where its needed.

Heres a direct example of why stages are stupid: With suspension stages, how do I control how soft or hard I want my setup? How about ride height? So really, Im buying what Mopar tells me is best for everyone?

And I never said that SRT-4 owners are retarded (now that I think about it, I do agree tho). I hate FWD (GST too).

Was at Advance Auto when this riced out civic pulls up. I walk into the store and get what I need. As I'm walking out the kid who was driving the car walks out behind me and says my civic can beat that sorry ass DSM.
I look at him and say how much money u got in ## pocket. He looks at me and then I say wasn't that car for sale like 2 days ago in front of Market Basket(grocery store). He luaghs and says yeah its got a b16 with the C.A.I and the whole catback exhuast. Needles to say he followed me to the first light which is in front of a Honda Dealership. I walked him by two cars and stopped at the next light and just smiled and said.

MAYBE NEXT TIME!!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back