The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Racing quotes/sayings/phrases

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

integra gsr: thats not fair... you have awd AND turbo?!?!?

me: dont be mad coz you arent knowin..... check out my flashing taillights ;)

one of my thoughful rytheming poems

my tsi is like a fine piece of apple pie
my dsm is better then all of them
my t25 is smaller then a beehive
my car hardly runs it requires all my funds
my bov leaks at 13 psi as my tiny turbos peaks
my talon is the best comanding the road over all the rest

that there is my favorite quote and wow was that stupid but oh well atleast its the true life of a dsm'er .. atleast for me even though it sucks up my money i somehow still love it :talon:

Porsche Driver- How much do you have in that
Me- Price of the car... 8 grand... and you
Porsche Driver- 52 grand.....
Me- and i handed you your ass for alot less money...
his girl friend laughs and says i like his car better anyways!!!!!! meaning my car.... :thumb:

after pulling on a 69 ss 396 chevelle he had the balls to tell me that i have a vacuum leak...LOL

damn man you have flames shooting out of your exhaust.... ah i was running a little rich...

oh ill beat you this time i miss a shift im my automatic old alero....

hey man is that a turbo...yep... i bet my non turbo will keep up (stock)...um ok.... you have the bottle... no... you have somthing else coming to you....:laugh:

is that an eclipse?...yea... im not racing you youll win.... damn must have ran into a dsm before....yep and it wasnt nearly as modded as yours...

when staging up against a piss yellow saab that swore he beat me on the street, says i can't rev up to launch. "oh, you can't do that." hahahahaaaaa. i beat him eight ways from sunday, five times.

"Hey man, whats that big radiator lookin thing on your car?" :laugh:
While at the local track one day I overheard 2 closed minded people talking......Mullet 1 to Mullet 2 "Imports are for ###s" and as the old diamond star clicked off a low 11 second 1/4 mile beating the hell out of the v8 who lined up against him,..... they quickly shut up. :cool: :dsm: :thumb:

If I needed 8 cylinders to go fast I would buy "another" Talon...

(honda) those are the ones u gotta b careful with. sometimes...u never know if u can take that honda next to u. but most of the time....U CAN!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH dsms rule!!!!!!!

I don't remember who...

Just had a really good online convo with a friend....

Zx2Razor: 4g63
MalnourishedCrab: Is that the model engine you havE?
MalnourishedCrab: I don't even know imports.
Zx2Razor: most people in hondas run scared when i ssay that
Zx2Razor: ;-)

Matt

Guy: Nice car, is this an 8 cylinder?
Me: No.
Guy: 6?
Me: No.
Guy: What? A 4?
Me. Yea. [It's just attractively swiftly slow.]

Him:What kind of car do you have?
Me:Eagle Talon.
Him:You have turbo?
Me:Ya.
Him:Sick, you should get a blow off valve, I love that sound.
Me: :rolleyes: It has to have a bov.
Him: Are you sure?

That's exactly WHY I own a DSM. I don't like it smooth, quiet, comfortable and effortless. I like to listen to the whine of the Walbro, rumble of the full 3" exhaust and feel the vibrations of the balance shafts-free engine with solid motor mounts on the steering wheel while idling on the stoplights. I love the stiffness of the ACT2600, the notchiness of the tranny one has to literally rape when shifting and the harsh ride with the polyurethane suspension bushings and ProKit/AGX combo. I'd never trade AWD launches for anything, I love the feeling of invincibility off the line and the way one gets thrown against the seat and feels like being a part of the car at that moment. I enjoy hearing the notorious "WTF do you have in that thing?!?" from over-confident C5 and Supra owners after blowing the doors off their shiny machines they spent a fortune for. I love the violent way the boost comes on while being set on "f*ck'em up" psi level and one feels like being rear-ended by a semi, the intimidating jet engine-like whine of the turbo and the BOV bark between shifts. I like it brutal. That's why I own a DSM.
-taboo

Best rant EVER! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Never had any 'street racer' say anything cause I DON'T STREET RACE!!...

But somebody (forgot who) was like 'Yea your car's pretty nice...that's a 6 cylinder, right?'
Me: Nope....4.
Them: Oh...(long awkward pause)...I thought it was 6.

DSM MAN said:
Him:What kind of car do you have?
Me:Eagle Talon.
Him:You have turbo?
Me:Ya.
Him:Sick, you should get a blow off valve, I love that sound.
Me: :rolleyes: It has to have a bov.
Him: Are you sure?

Its the best when that happens LOL accept right now....I actually dont have a bov :cry:

so are you running a wastegate or a blow off valve?

:-/ this was from a dude who just bought a GST.

I also like ,

them::WOO HEY BUDDY
me: yes ?
them: you left you car on
me: huh ? oh OH yea thanks alot man ,geeze that could have ben bad.
them: sure no problem , * walk away smiling*
me: * stand by the car till the turbotimer cuts out* :dsm:

LOL, the first time I brought my Talon to work after getting it, a whole bunch of people were almost freaking out in my office. They were like "Whoa, someone needs to tell Ed his car is still running! Hey Ed, did you know your car is still running?!" It was like in Office space where all of Peter's bosses kept coming by to tell him about his TPS coversheet. :laugh:

I then had to explain the mysteries of the Turbo Timer to 'em all.... :p

Here's some common conversations you have as an FD owner:

Them: Wow, so what kind of engine does that thing have?
Us: Rotary.
Them: Yeah I've heard of those... so is it like a V-6 or V-8?
Us: No, it's a rotary, it doesn't have pistons.
Them: Oh, so like a 4 cylinder then...?

Them: Yeah my friend used to have one just like this, except it was non-turbo.
Us: Actually they all came twin-turbo from the factory. You sure he didn't have a 1st or 2nd gen RX-7?
Them: Nah man, I know about these cars, my buddy had one but it wasn't turbo.
Us: :rolleyes:

Them: CHECK IT OUT!! It's Vin Diesel's car from The Fast and the Furious, y0!!!

:thumb:

Hey come on with the Turbo Timer comments, before i bought my dsm i asked someone that...
Me: Whoa you're cars still on and you took the keys out
Them: Yeah its a turbo timer
Me: does it make you go faster or something
Them (being nice and explaining it) no it helps cool the turbo down cuz otherwise you'll break it
Me: ahhhh cool so i should get one with my talon
Them: The way you drive... YES!!!!!

Well that was a year ago at least i can now say im enlightened:) :dsm: :talon:

Give me 5 and the crack

This is ever caming, blown on a full slick v8 saying here in chicago, and this is against a little old 4 banger

VtecRex said:
You can always spot the true import tuner. For one, he's not in the crowd around the latest widebody RSX and he's not even interested whatsoever. You will notice his car has some scratches and never really is 100% clean because he just doesn't care what others think. He is in the hobby for himself and his own personal enjoyment. There is no glory for him, other than getting that MSD Ignition installed without messing up his timing or rotating his tires in record time. The true tuner will never get the respect he deserves, but he'll never ask for it either. It's all in a day of the life of the true import tuner, lost in the latest trend, forgotten by many, and barely respected at all. But when the day is done and the fads are over, he'll still have his rice rocket, drive it to work everyday, and crack a smile when he takes that perfect turn on the way home. The true tuners have been lost in the shuffle, but as long as they are still around, the import scene still has a bright future ahead.

I'll second that!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Kid at school with a 1970 camero that claims it runs 11's stock....

Me: Come on I got AWD ill tear you outta the hole!
Him: All wheel drive? What the hell will that do for you?

Ah once the weather breaks $50.00 banked :)

CYrUs0k5 said:
Kid at school with a 1970 camero that claims it runs 11's stock....

Me: Come on I got AWD ill tear you outta the hole!
Him: All wheel drive? What the hell will that do for you?

Ah once the weather breaks $50.00 banked :)

11 seconds, he probably meant 1/8th mile :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :D

make it 100$ and give me half!

[you know you're a dsmer when] you can type www.dsmtuners.com faster than any other website - myeclipse5

nice eclipse. is that a V4?- acquaintance

you stare at every DSM on the road just to see if someone aruond you has a turboed DSM...then when you find out its a N/T you think "awwe". - myeclipse5

Or when your on the freeway, traveling the speedlimit and everybody's passing you, but you know if you speed the police will pull YOU over. - jimwross

But when you see another DSM get on you speed up to 90 to catch it and disreguard all common sense just catch up see if he wants to have a little fuN? - jimwross

when you have you next 6 months worth of paychecks planned out for parts for your dsm. - jagwired

and these are from gs-t_96. more can be found here . these are some of the ones taht made me struggle to keep my laughing to a minimum (cuz im in a library :p :D )

If you drive 5 extra blocks for a gas station that has 1 more octane point.

If you bought half of your performance parts at Home Depot.

If every time you beat up a V8, they tell you that something was wrong with their car.

You have had to send a tow truck back to the towing garage because you needed a flat-bed.

You know more about the 4G63 engine than some engineers at Mitsubishi.

if it's a 2g non spyder, you quickly check to see if it has stock dual pipes. then turn back to see you are swerving off the road.

you look at riced out civics and roll your eyes.

when you go to fix something minor you ALWAYS expect a major hassle and something else is GOING to go wrong.

If your on a diet because you ran out of weight reductions for your car...

If you never put more than a quarter tank of gas in your car.....

An average oil change involves fresh oil, new filter and draining the catch can.

If a honda owner ever looked at you funny when you say "free mods"

You have a bucket full of nuts and bolts and your car seems to run fine and you can't figure out where the heck they go.

you have gotten in many arguements on how "your car CAN't be THAT fast". it is a friggin 4 cylinder mitsubishi!!!

you buy a k&n filter and call it an "intake"

When over the school's intercom you hear "Excuse me but the white mitsubishi eclipse is still running."

You dance every morning when your car cranks over.

your "grocery getter" is a 12 sec car... LOL

You drive all around town, aimlessly, when it's running "right".

Every time you scrape the front bumper, you and everyone else in the car feel the pain.

If you avoid car conversations with new people, so you don't have to start from scratch.......

Your first investment for your car [was] a lift.

If you think the the 3G is the STUPIDEST idea ever......

When the guy you are racing puts up his window in the middle of the race when you hit full boost.

When something on the car breaks, you spend hours on the internet researching a better, faster, and cheaper part.

You have almost rear-ended too many people to count because you were trying to see if that was a gs-t or a gs etc.

If you have a favorite stop light.

If the person you just beat thinks you won because of the "rocket booster" disguised as a tail pipe.

When you have more fun installing parts than actually using them.

some people like listening to the radio, you prefer your windows down listening to your turbo & bov.

you see a wrc evo and feel the need to say something along the lines of "i have that engine"

If you get pissed at ebay when they return Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of mental disorders auctions in your search results.

If you still scare the hell out of yourself every time you launch.

If your spark plug cover is held on by one bolt because you over-torqued the rest of them.

(FWD) You purposefully wheelhop when your girlfriend is in the car to make her boobs dance.

If even in the freezing cold winter you roll down the windows when approching a tunnel, so that you can make the LOUDEST purge ever...

You get an evil-like grin on your face when a car pulls up beside you on the highway wanting to race, hears your BOV, and backs off.

When people complain about the cost of 87 Octane gas, you shake your head knowing you have to pay alot more for premium.

You drive around at a set RPM and make your passenger crawl around inside the car and find the rattle.

If you have pics of DSM's on your background and screen savers.

Instead of studding homework you read [Modified's DSM section and general tech articles].

If your loan officer asked what you need a loan for and you answer "turbo upgrade"...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back