The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Stock Pistons to Eagle forged Rods!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imaracer83

Probationary Member
Aug 31, 2012
Black River, New_York
Hi Everybody,
I have read many threads from a lot of you guys and it amazes me how freakin intelligent you guys really are so first and foremost, thank you for much of the insight I gain from reading many of your posts.

Which leads me to my heading, I read that obviously full floater forged piston rods can't normally be used on stock pistons which are press in unless you could find teflon wrist pin buttons which they don't make for the 420a. So, I like to think of myself as a bit of a fabricator so before I posted this thread I waited to see if there would be any problems to arise. 2000 miles later and not a problem at all with the build and the car is insanely quick and runs like a top.

So, Eagle rods, stock pistons with a .020 overbore. Solution???? 85.5mm Volkswagen teflon pin buttons. Only thing that is required is a little machining of the button by taking the round off the top of the button for it to fit and there's no where for the button to go once it's in. You may also have to add a slight taper to the wrist pin side of the button for entry into the pin but that's it!!!!!!

I tried to upload pics but the files are to large, if I can help any of you guys with this please let me know and I'll give you my email. I know that full forged internals is the way to go but from what I understand stock pistons aren't as much of a problem as the rods are and can handle quite a bit of HP.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back