The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Stock oil pressure gauge modification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanro

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2009
Montgomery, Alabama
I was just wondering if anyone has ever made the stock oil pressure gauge useful. I don't wanna stick an aftermarket gauge inside my cluster, but I am planning on going with an aftermarket oil pressure gauge. I know you can make the stock boost gauge display knock. I was wondering if a similar function could be achieved with the oil pressure gauge. Perhaps metering volts, or some other value. I was just going to remove the stock oil pressure sender to have less possible failure points. But I don't want to have a dead gauge either.

Im pretty sure that the ecu doesnt see the oil pressure in any way, therefore it would have no way of modifying the signal to the gauge unit. The only reason that the boost gauge can be modded is because the boost gauge displays an ecu calculated boost level, not so with oil pressure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back