The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G stock fuel line size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cficare68

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 29, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I am looking for a flaring nut so that I can adapt my stock fuel line to a fuel lab filter. Does anyone know the diameter of the stock fuel line.

It's a 5/16 line.I used a metric to an adapter and it worked really well. I bought it from JEGS for $8.00

The fuel line is an inverted flare. That metric o-ring fitting is made to fit an o-ring on the outside, just like a o-ring port plug on a AFPR, not put an o-ring inside to hope to get it to seal against a flare. I also recommend this : Mitsubishi Evo/Eclipse DSM Metric to -6AN Fuel Line Adaptor [TN-DSM6I] - $24.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce if you are keeping the stock metric tube nut on there, along with a -6 AN female coupler. Fuel is not something you want to half-ass.

Cool!:thumb: Thanks for the clarification there ramsack and sorry to mislead in any way.:coy:

I've seen some people lucky enough to put some sort of fiber gasket in those o-ring fittings to seal it up, but I personally wouldn't trust it, especially not in the engine bay. It's one thing for people to do it half-ass back at the tank where there is no heat or possible sparks.

I will soon be replacing my line with 3/8" SS solid tubing because everything behind the fire wall is rusted and brittle. I already have had to cut out and patch in a new piece. I used compression fittings and it wasn't meant to be permanent. I'll be doing the brake lines (3/16") and the return line (5/16") as well in stainless hard tubing. I also had to patch the brake lines. If I had the option to keep the stock line I would definitely go with that TunersNation part. I had forgotten about it when I made my first post.

Then why do they list that it includes an o-ring? I don't believe that fitting has a flare inside of it.

Hmm, good point. I dont know why they listed that as an inverted flare adapter. I wonder if theres a typo in there somewhere. Perhaps I should give them a call or ask for a picture of the seat within the female side...

The fuel line is an inverted flare. That metric o-ring fitting is made to fit an o-ring on the outside, just like a o-ring port plug on a AFPR, not put an o-ring inside to hope to get it to seal against a flare. I also recommend this : Mitsubishi Evo/Eclipse DSM Metric to -6AN Fuel Line Adaptor [TN-DSM6I] - $24.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce if you are keeping the stock metric tube nut on there, along with a -6 AN female coupler. Fuel is not something you want to half-ass.

Thanks for your Help. I went ahead and purchased this. Like you said fuel isn't something that you wanna half ass, I had actually talked to Bryan at STM and this is what he actually recommened me to get as well,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back