The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G stock boost control solenoid vac lines?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustic gst

Proven Member
Sep 14, 2016
las vegas, New_Mexico
hey guys i was looking around my car and i noticed the top vac line on the boost control solinoid was just hanging there, and the nipple on my intake had a vacuum cap on it. should i re connect them or leave the cap on the intake nipple?

Lol. Where does the line on the wastegate go? Follow it back to its boost source. If it goes to someplace other than the BCS let us know where it leads to or take a picture and post it up.

no the line on the wastegate to the solenoid is connected. im talking about the second line that goes from the solenoid up to the intake right after the maf.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
the line going from the solinoid to the intake mine was just hanging and the nipple on the intake had a vacuum cap

If the BCS is still working then its "bleeding" boost source pressure on the wastegate. Someone was trying to get more boost out of it. Either hook it up and make sure the solenoid works or eleminate it and go straight from the compressor to the wastegate. Uping the boost then only requires a simple MBC. :)
I use a very simple bleeder valve, in my cabin, to adjust boost but most of the time they are mounted under the hood in between the WG and the boost source.

Nah it won't make a vacuum leak but it may leak boost source pressure that should be going to the wastegate.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back