The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Stock 7 bolt, Hx35 - 452whp 440 tq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crash89

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Got my spyder on a dyno today I estimated the car would make around 460 to the tires, I was close! 452hp and 438tq. Boost peaked at 30psi and fell to 28. I found out after the pulls that both of the barbs on the waste gates were loose. Im definitely running out of fuel. Ran pretty damn lean the entire pull. I think at one point I saw 13.5 afr. :notgood: I know Im in no way a professional tuner. This is fresh off the street tuned by me knowing pretty much nothing! haha

Stock 7 bolt
Unported head, BC272s and BC springs
Stock intake manifold
T/s Hx35 stock 12cm housing with a Redjack manifold
Single rewired 255, afpr and Delphi 1000s
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 452dyno.elg
    44.7 KB · Views: 108
Nice, man. That curve looks intoxicating. Power and torque almost as quick as a 16G. You can tell it's falling off rather fast past 5.5-6k though. E85 right?

For the issues and self tuned that looks awesome. Might just go with a TS HX35 for the long-rod 4G64 build.

I was pretty surprised with the torque numbers as well. Yes, Im sorry I forgot to mention E85. I did notice power is really falling off at the top end. Most likely due to the stock intake manifold! But as far as future mods I think just fuel uprades is all that its getting, just to get me over that 500 mark! Then another project starts.

These mid-size (54-60mm) Borg and Holset turbos are a blast, aren't they? The 59mm I had before this setup was the only other turbo I've had on one of my cars (besides this HX52) that managed to keep my interest for more than a season.

Which compressor wheel do you have?

I love it! Only thing Id like more is a little less lag. This RedJack manifold is awesome but the runners are so big I dont see full boost until 4400 ish. Its a 7 blade compressor.

I blew an intercooler pipe off last night just accelerating to the 30mph speed limit. So Im pretty sure it was a pretty decent boost leak durning the dyno. Shame on me for not doing a boost leak test.

Very awesome results. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of dyno was it on? My buddy just dynoed his car at Force Engineering last weekend and on a stock 6 bolt with hks 264/272 cams and a single scroll t3 hx35 the car made 444whp and 420ft lbs at 30psi. His torque fell off really fast just like yours.

Well think i can update this. i found time to get the car to a dyno day yesterday. The only thing i changed aince last year was the injector size. Im now on rci2200s. I hoped to have the car on 100% e85 by the time i went up but it didnt work that way. I managed to get about 50% or so and had a tune thrown at it while we where up there.

Stock 7 bolt, BC272s and springs
Single rewired 255 and rci2200s
T/s hx35 ~31psi
Netted me 473/464awhp!!

Not bad for 50/50 e85 and 93oct and a pretty conservative tune.
[URL=http://s805.photobucket.com/user/oscarson66/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsxitqig5i.jpg.html]
[/URL]

Attachments

• image_zpsxitqig5i.jpg
    image_zpsxitqig5i.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 21
Video of the dyno run.

Hey Tom. Says the video is private. But, congrats on the dy o numbers. You gonna make it out to the Shootout this year?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back