1G Stock 1g boost at 15psi?

Posted by Dsm panda, Feb 11, 2018

Please Support Miller Import Parts
  1. Dsm panda

Dsm panda Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2017
    Franklin, Wisconsin
    So today I installed my boost gauge and to my suprise on a 4th gear pull onto the hwy my boost gauge hit 10psi quick and slowly made it's way to 15psi. So on a bone stock 1g (my laser) is this possible?

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi

327 whp   307 lb/ft
    1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo

Street Build

manual
  2. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    You are sure it's 100% bone stock?

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual
  3. Dsm panda

Dsm panda Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2017
    Franklin, Wisconsin
    Everything I have seen is oem. I never looked if the boost controle solinoid mod was done but it was owned by a old couple they let there daughter use the car caps leaked they parked it 80k on the tack no rust so I feel safe saying only mod done was this gauge. :idontknow:

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi

327 whp   307 lb/ft

Street Build

manual
  4. ist dwa

ist dwa Proven Member

Joined Nov 5, 2009
    Centerville, Ohio
    10-11psi is stock 1g boost levels, sounds like your is creeping a little bit.

5. Dsm panda

Dsm panda Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2017
    Franklin, Wisconsin
    Can you get boost creep on a stock set up? I have never had to deal with it in my talon. I just feel like 15psi was to high but I plan to test this gauge against the one in my talon when i get time. If it is pushing 15psi my logs show nothing wrong and id be pretty happy but I just doubt it is or I'm wrong and it's not stock I planed to hook up my mbc to turn it up a bit expecting to see like 9psi on the gauge.

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi

327 whp   307 lb/ft

Street Build

manual
  6. Turbo2g

Turbo2g Proven Member

Joined Oct 13, 2017
    Fallbrook, California
    Interesting, You can look to see if the restrictior was removed from the waste gate solenoid. Bottom port if I recall. I have a boost gauge Ive been meaning to install too. I'll be interested to see the boost since I have removed mine and still never actually saw what it did. All else is stock except a k&n cone filter and bov dump tube shave mod.

My DSM:
  7. Dsm panda

Dsm panda Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2017
    Franklin, Wisconsin
    I would like to think its actuly pushing 15 psi but even with the restrictor removed I would think its like 12psi? I'm going off what iv read, has there been cars that had a higher stock boost (every car is different after all)?

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi

327 whp   307 lb/ft

Street Build

manual
  8. brian9397gsx

brian9397gsx Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2008
    sioux city, Iowa
    If everything looks good in the logs and your not hitting fuel cut great. I'd just look into any exhaust leaks it sounds like creep. With the age I wouldn't be surprised if your flex section is leaking, just a thought.

My DSM:
    brian9397gsx 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

19.80 @ 35.55 MPH
  9. Dsm panda

Dsm panda Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2017
    Franklin, Wisconsin
    I will look at it for sure I cant tell if it's factory or been replaced but it' not even rusty really and for Wisconsin that's rare. I don't think its the gauge today I was on the hwy and when it went 10 to 15 I felt the diferance (I think i do have boost creep after looking into it I just don't know why yet). What else should I look into. I plan to check my vacume line for wg as well I have had yet to check that.

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi

327 whp   307 lb/ft

Street Build

manual
  10. ChessmoDSM

ChessmoDSM Proven Member

Joined Apr 22, 2017
    Burlington, Vermont
    I am going to take a guess here and say that the new boost gauge is not correct, what brand is the new one?

11. Dsm panda

Dsm panda Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2017
    Franklin, Wisconsin
    Prosport but today I had some free time I made a bench test basicly a blt but connected to the sender unit I put in 5psi it read 5psi. I put in 10psi it read 10psi. So I don't blame the gauge. I think my vacume line from the wg has a leak. I go to Mexico tomorrow for a trip so I cant dig into it till I'm back. Plan to order some vacume line and do em all.

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi

327 whp   307 lb/ft

Street Build

manual