The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Stock 1g boost at 15psi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everything I have seen is oem. I never looked if the boost controle solinoid mod was done but it was owned by a old couple they let there daughter use the car caps leaked they parked it 80k on the tack no rust so I feel safe saying only mod done was this gauge. :idontknow:

Can you get boost creep on a stock set up? I have never had to deal with it in my talon. I just feel like 15psi was to high but I plan to test this gauge against the one in my talon when i get time. If it is pushing 15psi my logs show nothing wrong and id be pretty happy but I just doubt it is or I'm wrong and it's not stock I planed to hook up my mbc to turn it up a bit expecting to see like 9psi on the gauge.

Interesting, You can look to see if the restrictior was removed from the waste gate solenoid. Bottom port if I recall. I have a boost gauge Ive been meaning to install too. I'll be interested to see the boost since I have removed mine and still never actually saw what it did. All else is stock except a k&n cone filter and bov dump tube shave mod.

If everything looks good in the logs and your not hitting fuel cut great. I'd just look into any exhaust leaks it sounds like creep. With the age I wouldn't be surprised if your flex section is leaking, just a thought.

I will look at it for sure I cant tell if it's factory or been replaced but it' not even rusty really and for Wisconsin that's rare. I don't think its the gauge today I was on the hwy and when it went 10 to 15 I felt the diferance (I think i do have boost creep after looking into it I just don't know why yet). What else should I look into. I plan to check my vacume line for wg as well I have had yet to check that.

Prosport but today I had some free time I made a bench test basicly a blt but connected to the sender unit I put in 5psi it read 5psi. I put in 10psi it read 10psi. So I don't blame the gauge. I think my vacume line from the wg has a leak. I go to Mexico tomorrow for a trip so I cant dig into it till I'm back. Plan to order some vacume line and do em all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back