The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Steering Wheel wrapping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gfun

Supporting VIP
Dec 10, 2007
Ask Me, Virginia
I have a steering wheel that has a component of it coming off...see attached pic below.

Is this just the leather wrapping coming off? If so, does the wheel look decent without the wrapping?

If it does, I don't mind driving it like that to save money? Yes, I know that I can get a steering wheel cover, but I am curious about this.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0981.jpg
    IMAG0981.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 108
I already know what my cheap behind is going to do since I don't have a spare that is good. I really don't want to do it, but I am going to hit a Walmart isle and get a steering wheel cover.

Had the same.
Went to a yard and found a DSM all busted up, but with a wheel in great condition, including the horn cover.
Pulled the wheel, gave the counter 5 bucks and now can hold on to the wheel better after the changeout.

Just hit up and pick and pull, if you find a dsm in their be sure to look her over good might be some other goodies hiding in it...

Thanks guys. The problem here is that there are never any 1g DSMs in the junkyard here. It has been that way for many years and a used steering wheel is like 25. :(

You could give Stevie at miller import parts a yell. He probably has a steering wheel.

You mentioned being a cheap behind so guess redline goods wouldn't be an option.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back