The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Starting problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_221

Probationary Member
Dec 8, 2016
Pacolet, South_Carolina
I have a 95 talon tsi fwd when i turn the key the starter just clickes and if i try to "jump the starter" it just turns no start

I need first car i dont understand it got starter checked its fine brand new battery

I have a 95 talon tsi fwd when i turn the key the starter just clickes and if i try to "jump the starter" it just turns no start

I need first car i dont understand it got starter checked its fine brand new battery
Do you mean the car cranks but won't start? Or u can hear the starter whine?

When was the last time that it was supposed to have ran?
I bought the car off my brother it ran fine but started having "knock" at high
Rpms and it cut off and would not start back we tried pushing it noting it like some thing is killing it and clutch switch is unplugged so clutch dont have to be pushed in and the starter just click unless u jump off the battery but still will no start

I bought the car off my brother it ran fine but started having "knock" at high
Rpms and it cut off and would not start back we tried pushing it noting it like some thing is killing it and clutch switch is unplugged so clutch dont have to be pushed in and the starter just click unless u jump off the battery but still will no start

So you're asking why a motor that had a severe rod knock before it stopped running won't start

Here's an idea, the engine is blown and the bottom end is seized and won't let the starter turn on the car

Do a compression test on all cylinders and post the results. Then engine is probably too seriously damaged internally to run.

Try to turn the engine by hand, use the crankshaft on the drivers side, put a large breaker bar into the bolt in the end of the pulley, it will accept the 1/2" breaker bar sqare end.

I dont know if it was a rod knock it didnt sould like a rod knock ive rode in a car with a knock and sounded totally different the engine turnes when u jump the starter but it wont when u use the key

So there are two seperate problems

1. The starter won't work unless you jump the power wire

Likely cause - neutral safety switch wiring is messed up and bypass is no longer working, or ignition cylinder problem

2. Car won't start when starter is jumped.

Possible cause could be anything. Check for fuel pressure and check spark

It could also be a bad ground connection from the engine to the chassis, or ground connection from the battery or bad terminals

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back