starter motor and ground wires

Posted by mustg5, Jan 21, 2004

Please Support Race Components Inc
  1. mustg5

mustg5 Proven Member

Joined Nov 3, 2003
    I forgot what wires go to the starter, i know there is a power and something else, but is there a ground wire that connects to it. There is a ground wire that runs from the battery, does that go to the starter, or where? Cant remember, its been so long since i removed it

2. 1993eclipseGS

1993eclipseGS Proven Member

Joined Aug 30, 2002
    NE, Pennsylvania
    I just replaced my starter two nights ago, there are 3wires, a skinny black one that you just plug into the starter where the notch is for it, 1 that you bolt on to the starter, then there should be one more a thicker wire that goes onto the top bolt, you know.. where the bolt goes through the hole to hold the starter on it should go before you put the bolt on then you tighten the bolt down onto it.

Hope that helps alittle I write everything alittle confusing so i'm sorry if i confused you at all.

-Rob.

My DSM:
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

10.614 @ 135.764 MPH
  3. maxperformance

maxperformance Proven Member

Joined Sep 16, 2003
    Monmouth, New Jersey
    How would it sound with a Big16G Turbo?

4. 1fast97gsx

1fast97gsx Proven Member

Joined Jul 6, 2003
    Orland Park, Illinois
    WTF :confused:

The starter should still sound the same with any turbo.... :shhh:

5. mustg5

mustg5 Proven Member

Joined Nov 3, 2003
    you mean it should go onto the bolt that bolts to the block?