The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Spyder GST conversion to AWD completed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure how the OP handled this situation but my gauge only worked from half a tank up to full. so half was empty and full was full. but when i switched to E85 a while back the gauge stopped working all together. so i when with an aftermarket fuel cell that bolts in using the stock straps and an aftermarket autometer fuel level sending unit.

My issue was resolved by double checking my wire connections. One of my connectors wasnt seated all the way so it wasnt getting a connection. As soon a I corrected it my fuel gauge works great.

I do not recall others making such incisions from the trunk. Is there another way to do this swap?

The only way to get to the locations is from the trunk...I could be wronge though.

Yea i saw may be 1 or 2 nice dsm went i was in houston. This past may over here they do meet but is to street race with other cars i want to go one where everyone is having fun aleast not going crazy with the racing thing. You know chill and talk about our cars. But yea nice job done to your car.

John, did you hook up the trans temp light up in the gauges?

I too swapped my spyder to awd several years ago pretty easy swap and made the car much more fun. I need to work in stiffening the front end up next. Plan to get some fender braces. I also am running a sinister spoolinator converter in it with a forced four shift boxed wired into a 3g tiptronic shifter so when you switch it to tiptronic mode with the shifter it activates the forced four shift box.

Attachments

• 20180514_143453.jpg
    20180514_143453.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 20180810_112753.jpg
    20180810_112753.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 79
I also am running a sinister spoolinator converter in it with a forced four shift boxed wired into a 3g tiptronic shifter so when you switch it to tiptronic mode with the shifter it activates the forced four shift box.

Do you have some more information on this? That sounds awesome.

Reviving this post! What was the total cost?

Tough question to answer. It really depends how far you take things. I bought a complete awd car for my awd swap, it cost me $900 for the car. I could have just swapped everything over as is and called it a day. But, for my own sake I disassembled the rear subframe to replaced all the bushings, had other parts powedercoated, upgraded some things to aftermarket parts, bought new suspension, new exhaust and flywheel/clutch setup ... stuff like that. It can add up fast. OMG Some of it depends on how quick you need or don't need the car too. My car is just a toy, so I've been working on my swap for close to a year now - some people do it in a long weekend.

what converter will be better for a 14g turbo I have a close stock 1g I later one want to get a bigger turbo but not much 450-550 8'' 9'' or 9.5''
If it were me running something small id probably stick with a stock converter unless your going with something around a 60mm I'm running the sinister 9.5 with a super hx40 in the .55 housing and if I was staying in this housing I'd want a stock converter or a reinstalled stock. But being I plan on going t3 is the only reason I went with the sinister 9.5

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back