The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Speedometer works randomly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g spyder eclipse

Proven Member
Apr 30, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Well over night my speedometer went cattywompus. When I drive, sometimes it doesn't work, some times it does. Usually when it does, I get up to 40mph and shift into fourth and it just falls back to 0. I whack the dash a few times like every DIY mechanic does, and it comes back up to speed. Then shortly later, falls back to 0. This can't be the speed sensor, considering whacking the dash makes it come back?[DOUBLEPOST=1411015511][/DOUBLEPOST]Really? No one knows?

Last edited:
Make sure the speedo gear on your tranny that is right between the rear motor mount is not loose and plugged in correctly

Make sure the speedo gear on your tranny that is right between the rear motor mount is not loose and plugged in correctly
If I can smack the dash and it works, then it has nothing do with the VSS. I'd assume?[DOUBLEPOST=1411152788][/DOUBLEPOST]

How exactly would it be the fuse box, like I said, if I can whack the dash and it works for a bit, but if I hit a bump, it dives back into 0. I am just picking your brain. Please let me know.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back