Speed sensor help!!!!

Posted by kcberv, Oct 20, 2009
420A Bolt-on Tech - Intake, exhaust, ignition, fuel system, cooling, etc - specific to 2G N/T DSMs. New Members must limit their 420A tech posts to this forum.

1. kcberv

kcberv Probationary Member

Kansas City, Kansas
    Hey guys I have a 96 420A non turbo. I picked it up off a guy who did an automatic to manual swap on it but he slashed the wiring harness completely there is a speed sensor in the manual tranny but the wires are not connected ### the colors don't match the wiring harness. I was hoping somebody with a manual could just tell me the colors of the wires coming from the speed sensor or point me to a wiring diagram that will show me what to connect. Or any other solutions. Odometer, and speedo are both down right now. THANX!
  2. VelocitàPaola

VelocitàPaola DSM N/T Moderator

DSM Profiles:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    If the colors don't match then the connector is probably from a Neon or some other car that used the same transmission. You can download factory service manual's electrical portion for personal use here:

Download Useful Files - SymTech Laboratories
  3. NeMiZiS

NeMiZiS Supporting Member

DSM Profiles:
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Great link.:thumb:
  4. Doug99RS

Doug99RS DSM N/T Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    Raleigh, North_Carolina
    A little off topic, on the symtech lab link, what have you been putting for your reason for accessing the site? Should it be a pay-site or what?