The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink speed density question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmw335ikt

Proven Member
Sep 23, 2015
Crown Point, Indiana
hello, everyone I have the speed density kit with the gm style map and also bought the speed density cable for a plug and play system
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was going to run it like this but my strut bar is in the way

so now I also bought the speed density kit with the mitsu style map. I know that the mitsu map goes in the original place of the old one and can plug into the original harness.

my question is can I use the speed density cable, so I plug in where the original mas sensor would go and the iat sensor, but will have the gm map sensor not connected and is that ok? or can I not use this cable and if so . where do I connect the original mas sensor and how do I go about connecting the iat sensor?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes, you can use the cable and have the gm sensor unplugged and use the stock harness for the mitsu style omni 4 bar map sensor. Just make sure when programming ecmlink pin assignments use the mdp for the mitsu style map sensor and not the baro setting as it is for the gm style map sensor.

Since u already bought the plug and play cable and have the sensors, stick with what u got. Use the gm map sensor and iat and connect the other end to your maf. Simple. U may need to place your map in a different location if the strut bar is on the way. Why not use a longer vacuum line and mount it further down.

Yes, you can use the cable and have the gm sensor unplugged and use the stock harness for the mitsu style omni 4 bar map sensor. Just make sure when programming ecmlink pin assignments use the mdp for the mitsu style map sensor and not the baro setting as it is for the gm style map sensor.

I'm new to ecmlink when you say program pin assignments for Mdp and not for baro is that done on the laptop

Thanks

Just did this today myself OP...just follow the guide from ECMTuning-ECUinputs have to be correct via sensor and since you have plug and play adapter: "
Using our SD plug-n-play Cable
If you're using our SD plug-n-play cable with our IAT and 4-bar MAP sensors, then the IAT sensor will be connected to the IAT input and the OmniPower 4-bar MAP sensor will be connected to the baro input." ECMTUNING-
and there should be no problem. I would also suggest taking a look at Dr. Turbo's guide to SD tuning and Snowboarders stuff as well on here.
http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/sdsetup

https://www.dsmfaq.com/downloads/TUNE_1G_V3_SD_ECMLINK_NOMAF_1.5.pdf
Hope you enjoy SD...I know I am so far :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back