The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Spark Plug Color?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad93ex

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2004
Clintonville, Wisconsin
What color are your spark plugs supposed to be?

I check mine out yesterday and they were a light brown golden brown. My brother was there with me and said they looked a little lean.

I have my boost set at 15 psi but I rarely ever hit it even under accleration I usually only get about 10 psi.

Bad93ex said:
What color are your spark plugs supposed to be?
I like a cadmium-finished body topped by a white porcelain insulator, with a proud "NGK" boldly fired into the side.

But this may be from heart damage caused by unrequited feelings for the Miss NGK of '76.
Like it would break her goddamned arm to answer just ONE letter.
As for plug cuts, the current (and continually-varying) witch's brews of MTBE, ethanol, methanol, ketone/acetone/toulene, lead replacements, EPA-mandates and Archer Daniels Midland political kickbacks that they're selling out of the pumps which are fraudulently labeled "Gasoline" has made the arcane and never-reliable practice of soot readings even more worthless. Unless they're wet, oily, encrusted or vaporized, the fuel injection system keeps truly informative deposits from reliably occuring.

Attachments

• missngk.jpg
    missngk.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,703
Defiant said:
I like a cadmium-finished body topped by a white porcelain insulator, with a proud "NGK" boldly fired into the side.

But this may be from heart damage caused by unrequited feelings for the Miss NGK of '76.
Like it would break her goddamned arm to answer just ONE letter.
As for plug cuts, the current (and continually-varying) witch's brews of MTBE, ethanol, methanol, ketone/acetone/toulene, lead replacements, EPA-mandates and Archer Daniels Midland political kickbacks that they're selling out of the pumps which are fraudulently labeled "Gasoline" has made the arcane and never-reliable practice of soot readings even more worthless. Unless they're wet, oily, encrusted or vaporized, the fuel injection system keeps truly informative deposits from reliably occuring.

:laugh: LOL!!!!!! Man I hear you on that one. Crapafornia gas thats more expensive than anyone else's good gas!!! Nice weather though :rolleyes: Good luck with the letters!! :thumb:

Peace
Dustin

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back