The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Something very strange going on with my gauge pod/electrical. Need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_97tsiawd_

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2007
camas, Washington
Ok, here it is. Car is a 92 Tsi, that had been sitting for just over a year. Just finished dropping in a fresh build (not my first). I touched nothing electrical other than the basic disconnect/reconnect everything. As far as I can tell all the wiring looks good, there are no blown fuses. The ALT and battery are both fairly new and came out of a running car (my other talon). Here is the problem, when I went to put the key in to turn it to the "on" position, not start it, but just to the on position. The first thing I notice is my temp gauge rocket up and max out and that my Apexi AFC II does not power on. Next thing I notice as I start checking around is that my dimmer knob isn't working. I also notice that my hazards aren't working, they come on, just don't flash. The dome lights also don't turn on. The head/tail lights work fine as well as the dash lights themselves, they come on (just no dimming). All of this was in perfect working order before.
I just need to get this stuff figured out before I start her up. This is baffling me.
Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated![DOUBLEPOST=1412186100][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the cruise control light is on when the key is in the "on". This is not normal, I don't even have cruise control. And the CEL is on as it's supposed to be, but very dimly lit. The rest of the dummy lights are nice and bright.

Last edited:
Have you gone back over all of the grounds that you disconnected during the build/install? Make sure you have a good connection at each, no paint in the way.

First thing to check though would be the simplest. Make sure your batteries terminals are on tight.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back