The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

solid state relay battery kill

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH91awd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
so ive been looking into everything for my 1g to make my car pass nhra tech once i break into the 9.99 and under et range. ive been looking into the battery kill switches but since my battery is still in the engine compartment it was making things hard for me. ive seen a couple of solid state relay battery disconnect kits which uses a toggle switch as the disconnect from the outside instead of a bulky switch. was trying to find some more info from people with dsms that have used them with not much luck. i cant find any cons as to not run this but i dont see them being used very much. is there something im missing?

Attachments

• battery_cutoff_tn.jpg
    battery_cutoff_tn.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 45
I don't see anything wrong with it, what does NHRA say about remote disconnects? Do they allow them? I am thinking of worst scenario here that a fire burns thru the remote wire and wouldn't allow you to shut off the battery/fuel etc.

I don't see anything wrong with it, what does NHRA say about remote disconnects? Do they allow them? I am thinking of worst scenario here that a fire burns thru the remote wire and wouldn't allow you to shut off the battery/fuel etc.

theres nothing in the nhra book that states otherwise. i know these kits are becoming more and more popular due to the simplicity of them. some of the kits are kind of expensive but from my digging ive found they relay for a decent price and can just put my own kit together. im just surprised more guys on here arent running them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back