The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

SoCal Tuning Shops/Repair Shops

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yah I'm replace all belts including timing belt and tensioner. I did all the maintenance on it except trans fluid, brakes, and belts. It just takes time to get the cash. I'ma do the belts in a couple weeks. Just dealing with the family situation. The guy I bought t off of was a total idiot. He was an x honda kid and loved miatas. He miss treated this car.

Ok, good. As long as you've got the maintenance part covered. I know what you mean about needing time to come up with the cash, which is why I haven't done my t-belt job on my 2g. But the original owner of my 2g kept up with the maintenance and gave me a folder with all maintenance and repair receipts. :D but there's a leak by what I believe is the water pump, so since I'm going to have to remove the timing belt to fix it, I'm deciding on replacing all timing belt components while I'm at it.
Anyways, lets get this thread back to what it was originally intended for. Nobody knows of any other tuning/repair shops for us socal dsmers? If anybody knows a good alternator/starter repair shops, I think it would be good to add it to the list, since autoparts store alternators are a hit or miss deal. Besides, getting our oem alternators rebuilt is much more cost effective than having to dish out the cash for either a brand new oem or even a "refurbished" parts store one.

Fucckkkkk!
I called up C&A and talked to Chai earlier i told em what i need and he quoted me $2800 for an engine rebuild. Just for labor.

That's freakin crazy. My mechanic said he'd charge me 300 bucks to rebuild my engine for me if I bring him the motor. But that's cause me and him are pretty good buds. I ended up rebuilding mine by myself, but I'm sure if someone else brought it to him, he could do it for like 4 or 500.

I know a lot of you guys are keen on doing your own work, but I do know of a mechanic you might want to check out.

Tony Greer has been working on cars for 30+ years, and worked for Mercedes and Mitsubishi. He was the lead mechanic at Norco until they closed, and since he didn't feel like working for some one else, he decided to go on his own. He's dealer trained, but since he's doing it out of his garage, he's a heck of a lot cheaper. He'll tell you what needs done, but will work with you on what ever you need, as well as give you a heads up as to what to watch out for. He's not afraid of modified cars, and is a good guy to get work done.

Right now, he's one of the few mechanics I trust with my car, since he knows DSM's little quirks, and he can rebuild about any part of a car you can think of. I've seen him rebuilding an auto trans out of a new Lancer, as well as a friend's 4g63 motor.

I know it's a bit of a drive to Corona for some of you, but he's trustworthy. As he's told me, he is working to make money, but he's not going to screw some one for a few extra bucks. He treats some one good, they bring in their friends, which is more business. If he lies for a few extra bucks from some one, he's out not only their business, but their friends as well.

951-893-8286
27002 Lasso Circle
Corona CA 92883

Greer Car Care - High Quality Vehicle Services for Routine Maintenance and Repairs, Brakes

This Thread is DEF something to keep alive for those new member and owners needing some help.

I took Achelea recommendation and sure enough I could not be any happier :hellyeah:

Tony makes sure everything is done right the first time and went above and beyond from what I expected.I came in to simply check a code and why my car was idling rough.Right from the bat he began working his magic found out my issue was a sensor. He did a compression test and overview of the car and pointed out a variety of issues the previous owner half assed :notgood: and pointed it out those were area of concerns. He gets things done right the first time and lets you know of any other issues.

Turns out I had a horrible Boost leak,other sensor malfunction,my timing was off,cracked Valve cover so I had new timing belt done,seals replaced, and sensors swapped out. He even went beyond that and painted my valve cover and fixed my squealing power steering and replaced missing bolts :thumb:

He will now be the only mechanic touching my DSM's and highly recommend him to fellow dsmr's :hellyeah:

Ok does anybody know of a good paint place close to the high desert?

There is also Advantage Performance in Riverside. They build some sick turbo cars and are great suspension guys

There on LaCadena and columbia the phone # is 951-684-8483

After reading the horrible reviews (google) about Millenium Motorsports in Temecula I would remove them from this list, or let it be known that they aren't a reputable shop and are not recommended. Otherwise, is there an updated list? Or are those it? The only one I trust is RRE, however, like many have stated about them, they can be arrogant sometimes which makes me not to want to deal with them. If anything I may have to ship my car out to STM or another reputable east coast DSM shop.

Millenium Motorsports is where RRE gets all their machine work done.

That being said, RRE is a great shop and there's no reason you should have to go to the extreme of shipping your car to STM. What kind of work are you trying to get done?

:dsm:

Nothing much, just trying to reach 500-600hp. :D

And I take my words back on what I said about RRE, I spoke with Sam and everything's all good. I just need to wait for my daily driver to get out of the shop before I drop my car off to them.

**edit**

And about Millenium, I've never been there nor spoke with them nor know anyone that has had their car done there, but it was just based off of yelp, BBB, and google search's/reviews and there was one review about them on BBB which scared the hell out of me about them that is all. Hopefully what I said doesn't offend anyone, but I'm just trying to make sure everyone makes an informed decision before deciding who to go with.

I agree, they have terrible reviews but I'm just saying that if you're getting engine work done at RRE they do all their machine work through Millennium or at least they did a few years ago.

Sam's a good guy, just be careful what you wish for because he may just get you to 600hp.

:dsm:

Millennium does top notch work. I read those reviews and I don't buy it. Sounds like someone is out to give them a bad name for some reason, but they're a great shop and they do excellent work. They built my short block and built a friends engine as well and all of the machine work is second to none. Greg (the owner) is super knowledgable and has been building dsm engines for a long time.

If anyone is looking for an AWD dyno in San Diego or just wants to tune their car, you might want to try Reese Tuninng, Reese Tuning - San Diego's only All Wheel Drive Dyno Jet I heard the owner was a mitsu master mech before opening his own shop.

Looks like this thread has been around for some time. Although I suspect that many members are aware of the reputations of James and the recent companies he's established. However, I find it difficult to resist the need to post a reply, for new or unaware members.

I recall Reese Tuning lost preferred shop/retailer status on this site some time ago and it puzzles me that they remain listed in the original post of this thread and why the above post has not had replies.

Let me be frank: If they or James Reese are still in business in any capacity having to do with providing repairs, mods or tuning, then STAY AWAY. Period.

Unethical practices is just the tip of the iceberg. It is poorly organized/run by an owner with a reputation of being grossly un-professional with several confirmed/witnessed very concerning interactions with visitors and customers. These not only apply to the current/most-recently established business but also to the now defunct RNR Tuning where James co-partnered with another whose business practices are also not without controversy.

Moreover, Reese Tuning has "lost" customer parts and attempt to dodge the issue -- even laying blame to owners for leaving them at the shop despite having specific discussions with James about their installation (with him later denying such discussions ever took place nor any recollection of parts left with him) . This happens because to the unsuspecting (impressed by the fast, cool looking cars at the shop and trusting that discussions with James were enough to for them begin work on their cars) they rarely provide the necessary detailed work order upfront for the customer to sign. Consequently they've ended up performing work that are not consistent with customer's requests.

Don't believe me? Google "reese tuning incident" and read about an example of what is possible at this shop (you may already be aware of it). Moderators, please revise the original post and remove Reese Tuning from the list of SoCal tuning shops.

I know this thread has been round, but I was just wondering if there’s anybody local in San Diego-LA that can tune dsm link v3. Shops I talked to their tuners are really busy/backed up. Just need somebody who can dyno tune the car. From San Diego but will drive up to Orange County/ LA to bring the cat for tuning . Pm or any recommendations will be appreciated

Go to C&A, he worked for Mitsu for about 15 years. has every special tool needed to work on are car. guys from SoCalEvo even go to him for work. He knows his stuff. He the guy to go 2. Doesnt charge a arm and a leg either. theres about 7 DSM's there all the time. he has a 1g Eclipse, Galant VR4 and a 95 GSX of his own.
Do you or someone have the contact info for C&A? I'm in orange county and need to find a mechanic who's knowledgeable about my gvr4 and could do some engine work.

I know a lot of you guys are keen on doing your own work, but I do know of a mechanic you might want to check out.

Tony Greer has been working on cars for 30+ years, and worked for Mercedes and Mitsubishi. He was the lead mechanic at Norco until they closed, and since he didn't feel like working for some one else, he decided to go on his own. He's dealer trained, but since he's doing it out of his garage, he's a heck of a lot cheaper. He'll tell you what needs done, but will work with you on what ever you need, as well as give you a heads up as to what to watch out for. He's not afraid of modified cars, and is a good guy to get work done.

Right now, he's one of the few mechanics I trust with my car, since he knows DSM's little quirks, and he can rebuild about any part of a car you can think of. I've seen him rebuilding an auto trans out of a new Lancer, as well as a friend's 4g63 motor.

I know it's a bit of a drive to Corona for some of you, but he's trustworthy. As he's told me, he is working to make money, but he's not going to screw some one for a few extra bucks. He treats some one good, they bring in their friends, which is more business. If he lies for a few extra bucks from some one, he's out not only their business, but their friends as well.

951-893-8286
27002 Lasso Circle
Corona CA 92883

Greer Car Care - High Quality Vehicle Services for Routine Maintenance and Repairs, Brakes
Is this guy still working on dsm's? After having back surgery I can't quite complete the maintenance on my gvr4 and would like to find someone or a shop somewhat local to orange county ca to get it running too notch again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back