The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

So I hope I didnt screw up my rail and Injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90'AWDTalonFroggy

Supporting Member
Feb 1, 2014
Curryville, Missouri
So July of 2015 I completely tore down my motor all the way down to the bare block, with the intent of completely rebuilding it to a street/strip car over the next couple months. Well things happened (chose kids and gf over car and good money) and like a dumb dumb and not knowing everything about preserving some things, my fuel rail and injectors have been sitting out in the open mated together this entire time. I've also replaced my sheds walls which were drywall in the meantime and didn't cover my parts so my turbo and wastgate has been sitting that way to. What should I do? Can I clean them or should I be worried about rust and buy a new rail and injectors?

Thanks

You're more than likely fine. If you need to clean the injectors just soak them in fuel for a little while.

You're more than likely fine. If you need to clean the injectors just soak them in fuel for a little while.
That would be awesome ty. Any suggestions on the turbo? I believe it is a S16g the numbers aren't all there to be clear I'm assuming I should probably just find a rebuild kit and go that route since the wastegate actuator arm wont move either.(if its supposed to) :idontknow:

You should open a new thread in the newbie section on the turbo questions. I'm not sure what kind of suggestions you're hoping for because I have no idea what your goals are or budget. Think about what hp/torque you want and your budget and post the info in the new thread. That will get the conversation started.

If you can't move the wastegate arm that definitely needs to be fixed at a minimum. I can't help you much with identifying 16g stuff as I haven't had one since... 2001.

You should open a new thread in the newbie section on the turbo questions. I'm not sure what kind of suggestions you're hoping for because I have no idea what your goals are or budget. Think about what hp/torque you want and your budget and post the info in the new thread. That will get the conversation started.

If you can't move the wastegate arm that definitely needs to be fixed at a minimum. I can't help you much with identifying 16g stuff as I haven't had one since... 2001.
ok ty.

I figured as much, ty for the help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back