The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

smic to fmic 450 injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroForceDSM

Probationary Member
Aug 15, 2014
Elyria, Ohio
I have been doing alot of reading, I have a 14b on my car, literally every bolt on I can possibly have, but with a stock side mount and 450's. I am running 21psi and my afr is 11.8, from my research... the injectors shoukdnt be keeping up. My question is... when I put my fmic on, and it cools the air better, will it lean out and then the 450's wont be enough? Is the charge getting so hot, the psi is there but the flow in cfm is not due to the air being so hot and thats how the 450s are keeping up. I have 650s to put in it but i havent because it just dont need them. my best ET is 14.003 @ 103, and it should be faster. the only things left are fmic, and injectors. I have megan 3" turbo back, act 2600 clutch, walbro 255, braided feed, and return, safc, hard pipes, mbc, aeromotive regulator, catch can, motor mounts, 1g bov...

Plus a tuning solution, put the 650's on and get some way to tune. I would turn the boost down after changing to fmic, just to be safe.

I have been doing alot of reading, I have a 14b on my car, literally every bolt on I can possibly have, but with a stock side mount and 450's. I am running 21psi and my afr is 11.8, from my research... the injectors shoukdnt be keeping up. My question is... when I put my fmic on, and it cools the air better, will it lean out and then the 450's wont be enough? Is the charge getting so hot, the psi is there but the flow in cfm is not due to the air being so hot and thats how the 450s are keeping up. I have 650s to put in it but i havent because it just dont need them. my best ET is 14.003 @ 103, and it should be faster. the only things left are fmic, and injectors. I have megan 3" turbo back, act 2600 clutch, walbro 255, braided feed, and return, safc, hard pipes, mbc, aeromotive regulator, catch can, motor mounts, 1g bov...

One thing I would REALLY consider is the duty cycle you are putting on those 450cc injectors. You are well over the 80% mark running 21 psi. If you have larger injectors already, why not put those on?

I wouldn't worry too much about that fmic. I have the punishment racing fmic on my 1g with a 20g I'm currently running 16psi with denso 750cc injectors. I honestly feel that the front mount is blocking all the air to the radiator. 16psi is well within operating range for a 20g, so maybe the 5 degrees drop in intake temps is totally offset cause now my engine temps are higher from no air flow. :hmm: Could just be me tho. I have an Apexi afc neo and a innovate mtxl wideband. I was able to tune it myself and my AFRs are well in the safe side. It's not as great as link would be, but it's all I have right now. I would say your stock injectors are able to keep up now cause 21psi is way out of the thermal efficiency range for that 14b. I do agree with the other post, must be a hell of a duty cycle they r running. I would like to know what those intake air temps are.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back