The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Sleepy 2GB (1998 Eagle Talon TSI)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnim15

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, Minnesota
Have been working on this project for a while, figured it was time to start releasing some public documentation:

Car as I purchased it:

2010_10_180.jpg

2010_10_182.jpg

2010_10_181.jpg

2010_10_185.jpg

2010_10_184.jpg

2010_10_183.jpg

2010_10_1811.jpg

2010_10_1813.jpg

2010_10_1816.jpg

The specs for this build to date can be found in my profile.

I Purchased a 1G that had a good donor motor.
2.4L G4CS Eagle/Wiseco that ended up needing some head work:

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

After I stripped it, gave it a good cleaning and realized what a prize it was:

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

Next I started my hours upon hours of sound deadening:

DSC_0015.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

Like to call this the "boosted tanning bed" stage

mached up the front mount for its sleeper location behind the front support where the AC condenser normally sits. Going to need to modify the end tanks so the piping can wrap around the radiator support:

IMG_0419.jpg

Last edited:
Wrapped the headliner in black suede:

DSC_0030.jpg

Looked nice installed, more consistent color in person:

DSC_0042.jpg

Put a new seal on the sunroof:

DSC_0005.jpg

Installed it with rubber washers to prevent any little rattling:

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

I removed the front center air duct to make room for relocation my heater controls there. The opening is now blocked with a siliconed piece of plexi glass:

DSC_0028.jpg

and just for fun, I installed a lift-kit with my over-sized tires:

IMG_0315.jpg

Feel free to check out my parts pictures, too many to list.
They should be organized as sub-albums found here:

http://photobucket.com/illeagl_parts

OMFG THATS MY OLD CAR!!!!! AAAHHHHH I CANNOT BELIVE IT!! Ive been looking for it,pretty much since i sold it. AH!!

haha, thanks Lofty. Im not gonna lie, i teared up when I realized it was mine.

Look at the 1st pic of the motor...see the "ATM" painted in red by the missing headlight? ^_^

Thats awesome. I knew I had spotted that car before I left in '09.

dude, we totally need to talk. And i need something from that car, i miss it so f'n much! i know it sounds cheesy and lame, but there literally hasnt been ONE day i havent thought about this car...all i can sayis THANK YOUU so much for taking care of her and making her what she is today!!!

OMFG THATS MY OLD CAR!!!!! AAAHHHHH I CANNOT BELIVE IT!! Ive been looking for it,pretty much since i sold it. AH!!

haha, thats really funny. Not sure if you're the one that stickered it up too, but it was "repp 'n" DSMTuners when I got it.

Sorry, not sure the ATM is going to be around after it gets some paint haha.

haha, i was fresh outta high school and lived in Myrtle Beach...that was the thing i guess....are u the guy who actually bought it from me when i lived in Rochester, or did you get it from someone else?

BTW, if you arent the guy who got it from me...check out that brake light on the spoiler, you mite not of noticed....BOOM!
62378_10150269912525436_857285435_14971769_4814680_n.jpg

Nope, I bought it from somebody in Duluth. Yeah I def noticed that, it was plastered everywhere else on the car too haha.

The hatch is going to be swapped for a 2GA Talon before it gets painted.

Ha. Well what was wrong with the motor that you swapped it out? When I sold I to the guy, the only issue was the tranny had bad 2nd gear, and dents in the fender...I sold it to him for 2600. We are gonna have 2 talk about what isn't getting used, ill buy some stuff back off you!

Is everything in your profile on the car now? And is it awd?! Bring her to the shootout next year!!!

Spun a rod bearing. It's AWD now, everything in the rear-end is new except the diff and ebrake assembly. I have everything, just taking my time assembling it. Hoping to have it together and painted by spring.

what was your reaction seeing that there wasn't ONE spec of rust, aside from the hatch? I know when I got up there in MN, finding something not rusty wasn't happening. I should of sold it for a lot more...Hell, I shouldn't of sold it period, LOL.

This is cool, not a lot of people get to see their 1st DSMs again like this!

Yeah, one of the main reasons I purchased it. I was looking for white and once I heard it was a 1998 and how clean it really was I didn't even care about having to convert it to AWD.

I've been getting lucky finding rust free 2g's, my grey car doesnt have any rust either.

It was sold and lived its entire life in Myrtle Beach, SC....you should of gotten the window sticker in the glove box if the other guy didnt toss it before selling it to you. I only had it in the snow for maybe 2 weeks when i lived up there in St Charles...It was just too much to drive in the snow.

Did it still have the bad tranny with no 2nd gear when you got it? It also had an act2100 and 8lb flywheel. Along with the exhuast, 1g bov, and 14b (built by JusMX141) those were the only mods.

Mind me asking what you paid for her?

Never started it, it came with a bunch of extra parts including a torn down tranny so not sure if that was fixed or not. I trailer it home and just stripped it. Not positive, but I think I paid !$1600 for it.

Nice car and funny story LOL. I always been a fan of 2gb talons, they look so aggressive it makes me jealous! Why are you trading the 2gb hatch for a 2ga hatch?

can i ask how much the materials to sound proof the car was? did you use dynamatt or another company and is there a link to where you bought it?

You have any little stupid part or piece you"d sent out to me, just as a sentimental thing? Itd be the bext Xmas present ever! ^_^ LOL

I remember driving down to look at this car when TSiTuner23 owned it. It had a dent in the fender, painted black 5 spokes with a red lip ( 3 of 4 wheels I think), air bags were no good, and had a bad 2nd gear. I almost bought it from him but he dented the other fender by pulling into the garage and all of the damages had me wary or how well it was taken care of. No offense intended TSiTuner23, I am just picky LOL

On a side note TSiTuner23: You still dating that smoking hot asian chick? She made it kind of hard to focus on the car LOL

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back