The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Single digit Auto 1g street/strip build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw somebody selling that upper pipe on the classifieds today and I was wondering how difficult that would be to weld. I actually don't like the look of AN lines but I'm sure yours will look great.

I saw somebody selling that upper pipe on the classifieds today and I was wondering how difficult that would be to weld. I actually don't like the look of AN lines but I'm sure yours will look great.

It shouldn't look too bad since all the lines and fittings are black.

Welding shouldn't be too bad. I just have to make sure everything is super clean.

Picked up all the stuff.

30632730473_272906fc7f_c.jpg

Attachments

• 30632730473_272906fc7f_c.jpg
    30632730473_272906fc7f_c.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 55
A full size won't work in the area where the A/C condenser would sit sadly. It will sit too high and likely be too wide to fit in there.

If you're having cooling issues, i'd recommend
-Adding a plate to keep air from escaping from FMIC to RAD (This helped DRASTICALLY)
-Adding 2nd fan
-Wrapping your header/o2 housing
-Running less coolant and more water. Add Redline water wetter. 100% water with wetter is the best option, but obviously can't be done in winter.
-Drill a small hole in your thermostat

Poop, thanks for the heads up also, i also have a half radiator from years of hoarding, hope not to have any cooling issues but what do you mean by adding a plate? would a coated manifold and pipe work as good as having them wrapped?

^You can do a plate so the air is forced to go thru the radiator after the FMIC, you can also do a small lip spoiler that will push air up thru the radiator. A lot of factory cars have them and they work amazing.

After running a half rad last year and constantly battling running hot several things helped.
1. Top of the line fan. No slim ebay fans. Theyre junk.
2. Lower thermostat
3. airdam to force air through radiator. Also cutting up front bumper helped.
4. Heat wrap every single exhaust piece.

My problem was running hot at low speeds or idling in temps over 80 degrees. Everything helped but switching to an expensive powerful fan helped the most.

Fired it up last night and all is well!

31887934146_1f93cd70b9_c.jpg

Had to re-do the turbo outlet side of the downpipe as the angle was off a bit.

31936380855_457b4f4922_c.jpg

I am going to get the compressor cover, catch can and overflow bottle powdercoated wrinkle black and I think that'll do it for the engine bay.

Next task is to work on getting some weight out of the car. I already ditched the leather front seats which were roughly 40lbs each. I am going to replace those with Kirkey's which weigh 11.5lbs each (15" width). Aluminum driveshaft is on the list as well.

Last edited:
Fired it up last night and all is well!

View attachment 321569

Had to re-do the turbo outlet side of the downpipe as the angle was off a bit.

View attachment 321570

I am going to get the compressor cover, catch can and overflow bottle powdercoated wrinkle black and I think that'll do it for the engine bay.

Next task is to work on getting some weight out of the car. I already ditched the leather front seats which were roughly 40lbs each. I am going to replace those with Kirkey's which weigh 11.5lbs each (15" width). Aluminum driveshaft is on the list as well.
Immaculate, what paint did you use for your engine bay?

Powdercoated the compressor cover, catch can and overflow bottle.
32134449086_51af769b0c_c.jpg

Kirkey seats arrived. Needed to get these before the car goes to the cage builder next month (getting an 8.50 certified 10pt).
31331199554_3bb685a813_c.jpg

Attachments

• 32172674525_15f6202ff7_c.jpg
    32172674525_15f6202ff7_c.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Getting it ready for a cage.

Factory front and rear seat belt systems removed. 40lbs total
Factory front leather seats were 48lbs each.

Going to be removing all the sound deadening with dry ice. Hoping for a good chunk of weight gone from that.

32494154911_6ea4043bb7_c.jpg

32494154941_46d00ca9f8_c.jpg

keeping back seats for IFO FIS?

Look forward to seeing what you can do this year!

I didn't know you didn't have a cage in that car. Are you putting an 8.50 cage in or just a roll bar?

They got on us at joliet this year about safety. Everyone was way faster than what they were teched for. They told us we had a 2 tenths buffer. My car is good for 10.0, but for some reason they only teched me to 11.50. I was lucky and got by-runs till the finals.

Are you doing driveshaft loops and axle loops? we are supposed to have them, but I've never seen the axle loops before.

Nice score on those wheels! :thumb: The car is coming along nicely and looking good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back