The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Simple things overlooked....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM Dreamer

Proven Member
Jan 1, 2015
Siletz, Oregon
As of late my car began to cut out at about 4500 rpm. What could it be I wondered and immediately I go through a mental checklist of the possible culprits. Fuel pressure regulator gone bad? Mysterious boost leak somewhere in the IC system of hoses or BOV? Possibly this is the excuse I need to drop a small mortgage payment on DSM LINK V3? In a world of these complex and somewhat costly components it's hard to imagine that something as simple and cheap as a new set of spark plugs or a piece of vacuum hose could possibly alleviate your woes (spark plugs fixed mine!). So my question to you is have you ever dumped a lot of time and/or money into a fix only to discover it was something simple?

As of late my car began to cut out at about 4500 rpm. What could it be I wondered and immediately I go through a mental checklist of the possible culprits. Fuel pressure regulator gone bad? Mysterious boost leak somewhere in the IC system of hoses or BOV? Possibly this is the excuse I need to drop a small mortgage payment on DSM LINK V3? In a world of these complex and somewhat costly components it's hard to imagine that something as simple and cheap as a new set of spark plugs or a piece of vacuum hose could possibly alleviate your woes (spark plugs fixed mine!). So my question to you is have you ever dumped a lot of time and/or money into a fix only to discover it was something simple?
on my auto i had put a newly purchased tcu in my car. A week later it begins clunking through gears and acting stupid. I code check the tcu and it ends up reading the neutral safety and solenoids so i replace valve body and switch for around 150... get in and expect smooth shifting and same crap... long story short the tcu i bought crapped out and after a total of 3 im working perfect again.

I blame mine on senility. Just turned 70. Was driving down the road and heard a humming noise under the car. Got louder during turns. Bought new wheel bearings, installed them myself. Course while I was in there, might as well replace ball joints and tie rod ends. Struts were looking a little shabby, might as well replace them while I'm at it. You know, since I've already got everything apart, might as well do the brakes and rotors.

Finally get everything back together, same noise happens. Aaargh!!! Put it on jackstands, AWD so of course I have to get another new set.

Found out the passenger rear hanger had broken loose and the tail pipe was rubbing against the driveshaft.

I blame mine on senility. Just turned 70. Was driving down the road and heard a humming noise under the car. Got louder during turns. Bought new wheel bearings, installed them myself. Course while I was in there, might as well replace ball joints and tie rod ends. Struts were looking a little shabby, might as well replace them while I'm at it. You know, since I've already got everything apart, might as well do the brakes and rotors.

Finally get everything back together, same noise happens. Aaargh!!! Put it on jackstands, AWD so of course I have to get another new set.

Found out the passenger rear hanger had broken loose and the tail pipe was rubbing against the driveshaft.
LOL! THAT is CLASSIC! :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back