The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Show me your drag radials and slicks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer Fabrications

10+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey guys I'm interested in seeing pictures of everyones slicks/drag radials. Thinking of getting sticky soon in My quest for the mystical 9.9 1/4 mile slip.
Hoping to see and get lots of info on wide hoosiers, MT's, etc.., I love the look of the tires popping outside of the fender :)

Post a pic and the rim/tire/spacer/offset and suspension setup/ dropcopy and paste the following with your picture!

Tire specs:
Rim specs:
Offset/spacers:
Suspension:
Ride drop:

Last edited:
Hey "urbansmoker1" you need to delete some of your messages to accept anymore!!!!

Dammnn those are some low profile hoosiers.. Those work?

Deleted lots of old pms, good to go :thumb:

I'm diggin the 15" rims up there

Thinking rota slip stream 15's but not sure how wide to go or what offset, I'd like them peaking out of the fenders maybe 9" or 9.5" :)

Under construction, but an idea how mine look in my RWD 2G.

Summit Racing Drag-Thrust 15x10 rear wheels
Mickey Thompson 275/60-15 ET Street Radial tires

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's my drag radial street setup 255-50-16. Wheels are stock 300zx. Dont know the offset but they fit terribly. I have some serious spacers to make these work.

And my track setup 26-8.5-15. The wheels are weld 15x8 with a 5.5 backspace. 5mm spacer to clear brakes. Pic was taken before the car got painted obviously.

Dammnn those are some low profile hoosiers.. Those work

Old follow up yea they work pretty good for under 400hp.. I need 17" cause I have big brakes and do track days.. 1.9-2.0 baby launching (2.3-2.5 street tires) no spin just hooks
Lil in car vid

Old follow up yea they work pretty good for under 400hp.. I need 17" cause I have big brakes and do track days.. 1.9-2.0 baby launching (2.3-2.5 street tires) no spin just hooks
Lil in car vid
Nice! I took my car out this weekend on street tires low boost I knew without slicks it would not hook but just wanted to get a feel of the track for next week the car literally skate boarded down the track it was crazy to say the least LOL. Ordered my wheels today 15x8 , I have had the slicks for a while 26x8.5 15". If everything fall like its suppose to I will make a couple passes with the slicks and will put the street tires back on and have some fun the rest of the day.

I'm fwd though :( .. I cant imangine how crazy your Gst is on street tires keltalon Are you using boost by gear?
I just turned the boost as low as it would go in dsmlink I zeroed the waist gate setting this put me at 25 psi which still was too much LOL

Rota Slipstream 15x7 +40
M&H Racemaster slicks 8.5/24.5-15

Snow how did the 24.5 work for you were you ever able to shift to 4th gear in the 1\4? Thanks.

I didn't own them long enough to really use the logged data and plan out my shift points based on the small 16g, but I bounced off the rev limiter (7300ish on stock engine) for a few seconds numerous times crossing the line. I know once or twice I did shift to 4th and was only in that gear for a few seconds tops.

I didn't own them long enough to really use the logged data and plan out my shift points based on the small 16g, but I bounced off the rev limiter (7300ish on stock engine) for a few seconds numerous times crossing the line. I know once or twice I did shift to 4th and was only in that gear for a few seconds tops.
Thanks! Right now I am running 26" and bouncing 3rd gear 9000rpm redline crossing the finish line, track speed 139mph speedometer and logger say 124mph. I found out that the 24.5 slicks are almost same diameter as the stock gst tires. I think the combination of the tall slicks and tall gearing of the gst tranny is not a good match for me. I will be experimenting with some 24.5 to see if it is a better fit. Hopefully this will allow me to get into fourth gear by the 1000ft if I can pull off a 110mph at the 1/8 mark. I am new to the track but very good with math. Thanks again for input.

Last edited:
Thanks! Right now I am running 26" and bouncing 3rd gear 9000rpm redline crossing the finish line, track speed 139mph speedometer and logger say 124mph. I found out that the 24.5 slicks are almost same diameter as the stock gst tires. I think the combination of the tall slicks and tall gearing of the gst tranny is not a good match for me. I will be experimenting with some 24.5 to see if it is a better fit. Hopefully this will allow me to get into fourth gear by the 1000ft if I can pull off a 110mph at the 1/8 mark. I am new to the track but very good with math. Thanks again for input.
You are supposed to shift into 4th but with an auto they stay in 3rd, due to over drive.

I have an evo3 1st gear too it's nice for launches.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back