The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Show me your clean engine bays

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboMR2

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 12, 2010
Gainesville, Florida
Looking for ideas. i dont want to do a full wire tuck but would like to take out un-needed things and want to see what other people have done. looking for things like color schemes, aftermarket turbo manifold, spark plug wire routing...etc

Looking through these should keep you busy ---> dsmtuners gallery: engine bay

Here are mine throughout the years...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

Last edited:
Here's mine:

-Wire tuck (best of my ability)
-Custom Coil pack bracket
-A/C Eliminated
-Complete emission delete
-Cruise control delete
-Red misc scheme

Last edited:
Mmm beautiful engine bays.

Wish I had my like that if weren't for the fact that I might short something if I were to clean it.

Thats why you take your time and do it by hand. A little water with soap and a rag x 100 and like 3 rolls of paper towel. Its a time consuming thing, but well worth it. In winter i dont really touch my engine bay LOL, michigan sucks with the snow and salt, but i give it a clean a couple times thru the winter.

I always do 1 huge day of cleaning just as spring rolls around, take parts off, clean, paint, polish. I suggest you do the same when you decide to tuck the wires.

- Cruise eliminated
- Fusebox relocated
- Wire tuck
..... and a few other random things.

Man i forgot about that compound turbo set-up you had, hows that workin out for you? i really want to see a dyno sheet and/or data log with that set-up.

That turbo setup is one of the most unique things I have seen someone do to a dsm.

Man i forgot about that compound turbo set-up you had, hows that workin out for you? i really want to see a dyno sheet and/or data log with that set-up.
It treated me great. Check my gallery for a dyno sheet.
<------- I made this power with it a couple months ago, and now the whole kit has been sold to someone else and I'm in the process of building a new compound configuration using a 20G and a GT4094r. Should be promising. :)

Only part worth showing is the Intake Manifold wire tuck. Not done yet. I'm going to re sleeve the wires that are visible so they look good. The injector wires are being routed under the intake manifold. The harness was moved to go under the frame/battery... Gonna extend some wires so I keep the Fuse Box.

Going to make a Cold Air Intake into the Stock Air Box. Some wires are gonna be redone since they are old and corroded.

Don't really care for a major wire tuck since its soo much work but a Minor Tuck, and a clean up works. Also replacing all the 10mm Bolts with Allen Bolts/Washers:

hows this for a clean engine compartment..... bet i got you all beat, i got rid of all that unnessasary B.S.

^^ Hey looks its Fred Flintstone! Whats that thing got? Like 2 feet power? 4 with Barney in it!?

Looks good Sosa, any noticeable lower IAT running the air filter next to the motor?

:dsm:

Thanks, I never could see what the difference would be since the gm maf always shows the same iat signal on my logs. I did make a different upper intercooler pipe to be able to reroute the intake by the passenger headlight and gain some colder airflow at the track when I pulled the light out.

This thread is making me jealous. You're all doing exactly what I want to, but I don't have any place to put the car where I can do it. =(

Someday I will ... I just wish I could do it now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back