The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Should I get High impedence or low impedence injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inneed4dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2007
Elkhart, Indiana
I just bought a forced performance 16g and im going to buy a wally 255 and i need new injectors.. my car has small mods just exhaust and fmic i dont plan on much more than that i was thinking PTE 650cc? but i dont know if i need high or low impeadence.. also should i get a safc or not i have a keydiver stage 2 chip ill get redone but other than that my car is stock ill have an innovate wideband soon too so will an safc be a good idea?

Our cars normally use low impedance injectors, which is why we also have the 4 ballast resistors on the firewall. But, there are a growing number of high impedance options, most of them in VERY large injector sizes, best used with E85.

Our cars normally use low impedance injectors, which is why we also have the 4 ballast resistors on the firewall. But, there are a growing number of high impedance options, most of them in VERY large injector sizes, best used with E85.

Ok i see yea cause i have no intentions of E85 and no need for that large of a size so go with low impedance you think?

Yes, pte 650's low impedance will serve you well.... The high impedance require you to re-tune your ecu because their higher-current injectors and can cause you to burn up your ecu... The low impedance is what you need...

Yes, pte 650's low impedance will serve you well.... The high impedance require you to re-tune your ecu because their higher-current injectors and can cause you to burn up your ecu... The low impedance is what you need...

You have it sideways.

The high impedance injectors actually get less current because of their greater impedance. They are what the NT cars run stock and if you remove the injector resistor pack and make a new connector to just route the power to the injectors they will be happy in a turbo car. But we really want to run the low impedance injectors because they open and close faster due to the increased current used.

The resistor pack keeps us from burning out the ECU drivers when using them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back