The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Should I bother tuning if WG opens <10psi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/want-help-from-ecmlink-experts-read-this-or-receive-no-replies-from-the-wisemen.443297/

Second:Turning the boost up is usually one of the last steps for a solid tune. There are multiple threads on how to go about the tuning process. Get all your sensors (ISC, TPS, etc) dialed in. Since your not SD get your idle and fuel trims all set (arguable to do this after wot tuning). Get your WBfactor to 0%. Then all you have to do is up the boost and watch for knock/play with timing.

Third: You need very little to control a 16G in ECMlink. I believe a 1g is the same, but you just need to go buy a restrictor (or a welding tip of the right size super cheap) and place it in the correct line. You will have all the control you need. Read up on the ECMlink forums.

First: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/want-help-from-ecmlink-experts-read-this-or-receive-no-replies-from-the-wisemen.443297/

Second:Turning the boost up is usually one of the last steps for a solid tune. There are multiple threads on how to go about the tuning process. Get all your sensors (ISC, TPS, etc) dialed in. Since your not SD get your idle and fuel trims all set (arguable to do this after wot tuning). Get your WBfactor to 0%. Then all you have to do is up the boost and watch for knock/play with timing.

Third: You need very little to control a 16G in ECMlink. I believe a 1g is the same, but you just need to go buy a restrictor (or a welding tip of the right size super cheap) and place it in the correct line. You will have all the control you need. Read up on the ECMlink forums.

Thanks doubleclutch!
It's something I was curious about since I tested the WG yesterday. I'm trying to do this the right way. Been researching here and on ECMlink's site for the past month.

First - Want Help from ecmlink expert: Should these questions be answered every time one posts a thread, or should these questions be answered in
ones profile?

Second - I can not get my ISC to sit at 30, so I was planning on leaving it as is. Couple of members say that ISC will not effect WOT tuning.

Third - search "restrictor" in links forums?

Should I switch to SD? Is it easier to tune then MAF?

Your best bet is to pay someone to setup the car for you and explain the whole process. Read every page and every link on the ecmlink website. Your isc is not always going to sit at 30. I believe you set it to 30 under ideal conditions so that it's in a good spot to adjust itself. By restrictor, I think he may be referring to a manual boost controller. You should not switch to SD right now. It is more difficult to tune and understand.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to pay someone to setup the car for you and explain the whole process. read every page and every link on the ecmlink website. Your isc is not always going to sit at 30. I believe you set it to 30 under ideal conditions so that it's in a good spot to adjust itself. By restrictor, I think he may be referring to a manual boost controller. You should not switch to SD right now. It is more difficult to tune and understand.

That'll prob make my life a lot easier. What is a reasonable price?

Car came with HKS EZ boost controller. If I remember correctly, it's the first EZ HKS came out with. So switch to manual BC?

There is no reason why you can't setup the car yourself and get it to idle and cruise well. Kenny Kline on Facebook will charge you around $100 on Facebook to setup the car well and he'll teach you at the same time. A lot of people aren't willing to do any reading how to set it up so I just recommend they have somebody do it for them. I've never used an hks controller but I'm sure it would work fine if you read the instructions.

There is no reason why you can't setup the car yourself and get it to idle and cruise well. Kenny Kline on Facebook will charge you around $100 on Facebook to setup the car well and he'll teach you at the same time. A lot of people aren't willing to do any reading how to set it up so I just recommend they have somebody do it for them. I've never used an hks controller but I'm sure it would work fine if you read the instructions.

Thanks Vegas!
I've put in the research on here and link's site. I purchased the car with all mods on it already. I've done all the necessary repairs/service except the timing belt (timing marks are correct and 5 degrees BTDC) and related components which includes new rear calipers, e brake cables, boost leaks, fluids, a tie rod end and all the missing interior parts. Waiting on compression gauge to test. So things add up quickly...I'm sure you're aware. I haven't tried tuning WOT but I eventually want to of course which is why I'm asking about the WG in this thread. What does Kenny Kline do for $100? Tune WOT and cruise? But, before I start tuning WOT, Do need to fix/replace the WG? I also can't get the ISC to sit at 30. Will this be an issue tuning WOT? Car idles fine beside being 100 higher then what's set in link.
Thanks

Turning the boost up is not the last step to a "good tune". The last step to a good tune, regardless of boost level, is a good tune. So if you're going to predict the fueling requirements of higher boost than you've used with your turbo and then turn it up crossing your fingers that nothing goes wrong, you're asking to have problems. Make small steps and wise choices and you'll have a fast car that lasts a long time, if you do things and "hope that it goes well" this is not the hobby for you.

I meant to use a restrictor for the stock solenoid. If you don't have it, my comment doesn't apply.

Yes, you want to use that template every time you post a ECMlink related question. Stuff on that list can change often and we don't want to have to go to your profile every time.

There is no reason your HKS boost controller shouldn't work. Leave it on spring pressure until you figure out how to tune.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back