The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

short route intercooler, where to buy

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSX 95 eclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2011
spokane, Washington
so this may be a dumb question... but i remember that i could buy the short route intercooler on ebay for $250 shipped all day long around a year ago. Now the cheapest i can find it shipped is $329... did the price go up on us? its the same short route kit that ss autochrome and vrsf sells. and yeah, i raped the search in google, ebay, and here...

Price likely went up. Prices for everything have gone up in the last few years. Save yourself some time and headache, and just buy it from VRSF, and help keep the DSM parts vendors in business.

Price likely went up. Prices for everything have gone up in the last few years. Save yourself some time and headache, and just buy it from VRSF, and help keep the DSM parts vendors in business.

X2 Definetly go with one of our vendors like the VRSF FMIC. Its a short routle like your looking for and there is definetly alot of great reviews about it :thumb:.

Yeah or maybe you were looking at black friday pricing :tease:

+1 on the VRSF FMIC

Keep in mind the VRSF kit requires the most work out of all of them to install. PR and CXracing being the competitors, however the VRSF kit seems to get the most HP.

I guess it's up to you if you want to go through all that hassle for minimal gain. To some of us its worth it but to some it's not.

You have to cut the rad support a bit on the 2G for the pipe to pass through the passenger side. However this is the nature of the beast with all short route FMICs on a 2G.

The VRSF kit looks almost identical to the xspower version. And the price is pretty great too.
I think I paid 400 for my xspower kit. But that was when they first came out.
The only diference that I see is the lower IC pipe on the VRSF kit doesn't neck down, has sloted mounting tabs, and the TB flange looks a bit different (but I could be mistaken on that one).

Very little modification. As blurred talon said though, cutting the radiator support is a must with 2g short route kits.

If I were to be in the market for a fmic, that would be the kit I would buy. No questions asked.

awesome...because everyone knows the absolute bottom-of-the-barrel, dirt-cheapest option is always the best one. Or maybe that's just for dsm's.

I hate to bring up a dead thread but there's mis-information being thrown around.

The VRSF kit looks almost identical to the xspower version. And the price is pretty great too.
I think I paid 400 for my xspower kit. But that was when they first came out.
The only diference that I see is the lower IC pipe on the VRSF kit doesn't neck down, has sloted mounting tabs, and the TB flange looks a bit different (but I could be mistaken on that one).

Very little modification. As blurred talon said though, cutting the radiator support is a must with 2g short route kits.

If I were to be in the market for a fmic, that would be the kit I would buy. No questions asked.

The only similarity between the two kits is the end tanks. The bracket location, piping length, included piping, included couplers, bov flange design, mounting hardware, brackets themselves and most importantly intercooler core design are all different than the ssauto/generic kits running around on ebay.

They're missing couplers, hardware and t-bolts that are needed to fully install the kit, the piping is either too short in some of the kits or too long on the upper side, they don't include spacers so you don't end up causing corrosion to your subframe. The TB & bov flange is generally warped as well.

The ebay/ssauto kits use whatever core they can get their hands on to assemble a kit, we use a core specifically designed by us. By that I mean internal and external fin pack design, density and fin placement.

They don't offer any options for different bov flanges, gm maf kits or j-pipes that will bolt on whereas we offer a full bolt on solution from turbo to throttle body.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back