The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Short in the system? headlights-horn constantly on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffinstar16

Proven Member
Apr 30, 2016
Spring Lake, Michigan
Howdy all. So ive searched the web and many of these threads and have yet to find any actual answer. So, heres the deal
july 3rd i was at work and i heard a horn go off. not like an alarm, but as if someone was holding down th ehorn button. now when this happened, i was no where near my keys or the car. I go out there and turn it on and it still goes off. the only relief is when i disconnect the battery. Shortly after i realized th eheadlights were also on regardless of if the car was on, running, off, heaedlight switch was triggered, they were just on. I've replaced the a;ternator fuse, thje alternator itself andany fuse relating to the headlights, foglights, horn etc.
yesterday i checked all the wiring under the fuse box in the engine and saw no signs of burns or shorting out.
Today, i was driving and my car stalled out (which i have since fixed) upon satarting again, i notioced my headlights were actually off as they should have been since i didnt have the switch on(i could see the refliection of my front end in the tailgate of the truck in front of me) unfortunatley my car stalled again and now the headlights are still on. I have no idea what else it could be. I dont believe i have an aftermarket alarm system. Algthough i am the 4th owner so maybe someone along the way put on in. I have an hks turbo timer and my car is also wired up for subs. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. as i really need a reliable car to get to and from work and this is causing me alot of unnecessary stress. Thank you all!

Then get a factory manual and start chasing wires. Acquire a digital multimeter and get dirty. There is no other way. If you don't know how to use a meter or chase wires or read a circuit diagram ask.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back