The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

shift fork stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRock20G

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 18, 2011
Montreal, QC_Canada
hi, i just bought a junkyard transmission and put it in today but just as i put it i noticed that the clutch fork doesnt move at all and i had to compress the slave cylinder to get it back in place. is that normal?.
When the transmission was out i could cycle through the gears but now that its in the car i cant get it into gear.. related to slave cylinder?
also i havnt bled it yet.. just dont want to do to much work if i have to take it out again

thanks for any knowledge

The Fork and TOB should slide freely up and down the input shaft, you should have tested this after installing the TOB to insure correct operation. Once the transmission is in the car you should be able to move the Fork toward the passanger side of the car, it should stop when you try to push it to the drivers side because its up against the pressure plate. You will have to compress the slave to install it.

It sounds like the clutch is not releasing and thats why you cant get it into gear. Try putting the car in gear and starting it. Does the car lung forward? If it doesnt drive off does the clutch release right at the floor? If the clutch releases on the floor or the car takes off the disc isint releasing. Try bleeding the clutch and then adjust the master cylinder out some if that doesnt fix it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back