The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

shaved valve cover [Merged 5-7] cam rocker

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alright some time soon.....i have to load up the photo software again.

What does this look like...anyone have pics?

hey guys, thinking of shaving my valve cover but havnt been able to find anygood pics of a few, or maybe i'll just paint it or somthing. Just looking for some examples, post em up!

Powdercoated machined letters, not shaved here. I've never been a big fan of the shaved ones, but mostly they ones I have seen have been chromed painted afterwards and it doesn't seem to look that good.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

where do you get powder coating like that done. I have an extra vavle cover i wanted to get powder coated.

Just look under industrial coatings or coatings in your yellow pages. Otherwise google a place that you can send it to. I had atleast three places in the yellow pages in my area.

As an FYI, I do believe that there is also a powdercoating company that is now a vendor on this site. Check under the Vendor Announcements section, as I believe they posted something there around the start of the new year. Of course, that would require you to send your valve cover away, but if it's an extra, and you can't find any powdercoating services in your area (which you should be able to), it's an option.

There is a shop on Ebay that is offering Powder coating for $49 for a Mitsubishi valve cover any color you want. The vendor is listed as Boneheadperformance.com on Ebay.
Here is a Valve cover I just got back the other day.

I can do mine in school for free. I'm going to ask my teacher, I might be able to get a little business going...30 bucks+shipping sound good? :cool:

MackZ24 said:
As an FYI, I do believe that there is also a powdercoating company that is now a vendor on this site. Check under the Vendor Announcements section, as I believe they posted something there around the start of the new year. Of course, that would require you to send your valve cover away, but if it's an extra, and you can't find any powdercoating services in your area (which you should be able to), it's an option.

That would be:
http://www.trgcoating.com
and also
http://www.boneheadperformance.com

Here's a poor pic of mine which is shaved (just the lines) and powder coated black (letters were then sanded). It's dirty because I'm lazy.

20600Untitled-7.jpg

TURFNNSURF said:
There is a shop on Ebay that is offering Powder coating for $49 for a Mitsubishi valve cover any color you want. The vendor is listed as Boneheadperformance.com on Ebay.
Here is a Valve cover I just got back the other day.

Whats the name of that color? it looks amazing.

^^^ Laserboy, that color is called translucent(sp) red powdercoat it was applied over an almost chrome base then clear coated. I looks Great, and my digital cam doesn't like the color red with a flash so even that pic looks "dull". I can't wait to have my own valve cover done with that translucent red, because my cover is real polished Aluminum so it will look even better.

What's the shaved or machined talking about specificly? Just shaved the lines.. what lines?

this is stock

this is shaved (no lines or letters)

i think it looks :thumbdown shaved.. the powdercoated ones look the :thumb: imo.

Ah.. I thank you, also agree that I don't like the shaved... Looking into powder coating mine white to match the exterior. Damn gaskets cost as much as getting it done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back