The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Seat Swaps 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChessmoDSM

Proven Member
Apr 22, 2017
Burlington, Vermont
All,

Believe me, I have searched here and on google and most of the threads are pretty old, does anybody have information on the best Aftermarket or Seats from other cars that fit into a 1G with the least resistance?? (I understand that some customization will be necessary, but again the path of least resistance)

3G eclipses look good, Hyundai Tiburon, Recaro :cry: ect, just looking for some guidance

All,

Believe me, I have searched here and on google and most of the threads are pretty old, does anybody have information on the best Aftermarket or Seats from other cars that fit into a 1G with the least resistance?? (I understand that some customization will be necessary, but again the path of least resistance)

3G eclipses look good, Hyundai Tiburon, Recaro :cry: ect, just looking for some guidance

I'm in the same boat my front seats are trash

Last edited by a moderator:
Neon SRT4 seats are popular. They are comfortable and very well bolstered.

If you go much newer than that, most seats have airbags in them and end up being too wide.

I had my seats reupholstered in factory matching leather, and it wasn't that bad; around $1,200 for both. This included a bit of foam repair. The leather was about half the cost, so fabric would be under $1,000, easy. A good pair of any other seats will likely run around $1,000, if they're in good condition, and there is mounting to contend with. The photos of mine show that they're not as perfect as factory, in terms of smooth fitting, but in leather the bit of crumples actually looks good, imo. Most fabric would have to fit better to still look good.

Seat belt compatibility is also something to consider, since the 1g seats have part of the belt mechanism integrated. Swapping to some kind of race belts would solve it, though a little much for street use. I did the Canada-market swap, which is another option, though a bit tough to find. (Glad to not have to deal with the motorized units any more). Another plus of new leather; you get that new-car smell again!

Attachments

• IMG_3005[1].JPG
    IMG_3005[1].JPG
    701.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3013[1].JPG
    IMG_3013[1].JPG
    895.2 KB · Views: 204
I had my seats reupholstered in factory matching leather, and it wasn't that bad; around $1,200 for both. This included a bit of foam repair. The leather was about half the cost, so fabric would be under $1,000, easy. A good pair of any other seats will likely run around $1,000, if they're in good condition, and there is mounting to contend with. The photos of mine show that they're not as perfect as factory, in terms of smooth fitting, but in leather the bit of crumples actually looks good, imo. Most fabric would have to fit better to still look good.

Seat belt compatibility is also something to consider, since the 1g seats have part of the belt mechanism integrated. Swapping to some kind of race belts would solve it, though a little much for street use. I did the Canada-market swap, which is another option, though a bit tough to find. (Glad to not have to deal with the motorized units any more). Another plus of new leather; you get that new-car smell again!

I paid $350 for the BRZ seats with the correct rails already custom fitted, they were bolt in and go.. Those leathers look nice though, no doubt!! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back