The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

scanner code p1400

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cj95

Probationary Member
Sep 17, 2014
Trinidad, Colorado
Hey Guys,
this is my first post on here, i just recently purchased a 95 talon tsi awd, with a 6 bolt swap(not totally sure of the details of the swap), well i had my car put on a scanner, due to a rough idle/start in the mornings and when it hasnt been started for a period of hours, and because its running really rich, well it came up with a code po1400 manifold differential presure sensor. i believe the sensor is a loose connector i found which i dont know where it goes but im assuming with a 2g intake manifold it sits on the top of the intake mani. ill attach a picture. well not only that the front o2 sensor passenger side toward close to the intercooler piping isnt "working" the guy said it wasnt flowing, and if i replaced the o2 sensor it wouldnt make a difference because that mdps code. how can i get my car to not have that code and stop running so rich. do i need to replace the intake manifold with a oem 2g or i heard of an adapter.

Attachments

• 10352941_788892227800541_3357229373182043058_n.jpg
    10352941_788892227800541_3357229373182043058_n.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 86
"Would this affect cold starts? Once the car reaches 130F coolant temp it starts up first time. Until then it bogs down horrible idle, then dies. (Unless I give it gas.)" <-- thats pretty much the issue when the car is warmed up it starts up and runs fine. now the guy only mentioned that when the 02 sensor was disconnected it was doing something i cant recall, but when it was plugged in it wouldnt flow. i may mention i dont have any check engine lights

nope all the receipt said was the p1400 code, and that the o2 sensor wasnt reading when plugged in.

Have you checked your ecu? My car ran very similar. It would die every start up. I adjusted my biss and replaced bad ecu. It hasnt done it again since then. Even on 40 degree mornings starts right up no problems. Good luck with solving your problem. I hope you get this figured out. I know how crappy it is.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back