The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

San Diego County DSMer Intro Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnie, Congratulations on your new purchase..:thumb:

Thanks Bluetooth! :D

I'm already in love with this car!

Welcome to DSMTuners.

:dsm:

Thank you Gofer, everyone has made me feel welcomed,except some rude people on the forums...

Ok. I edited the pictures to 600x400 but now it says i can't put them in because they have the incorrect file extention. I don't know what that means but I'm about ready to call it quits.

Try using ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting then select forum picture. It should work!

Ok Fellow Dsmers:hellyeah:! Hopefully I finally got pics up. $1200 purchase 92' Eagle Talon Tsi Turbo Awd. Everything on it:thumb:. 220 sumtin thousand miles on it. Heads been rebuilt. Just replaced Break master cylinder. Needs front driver & passenger side axels, New break pads & rotors, Newer tranny cause its slipping out of 4th & synchros are grinding & a few minor replacements nothing major;).. I dont know:hmm: if it was a smart purchase but any feedback & advise would be appreciated thanx:pray:...

Not really a looker but I think it has potential. It runs pretty good. Everything pretty much stock. I really don't have any definite plans for it right now accept to get it in tip top runnig condition.

Attachments

• peuf_20120423_2.png
    peuf_20120423_2.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 367
  • peuf_20120423_4.png
    peuf_20120423_4.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 269
  • peuf_20120423_8.png
    peuf_20120423_8.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 352
  • peuf_20120423_9.png
    peuf_20120423_9.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 20120504_194346.jpg
    20120504_194346.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 133
  • peuf_20120423_3.png
    peuf_20120423_3.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 20120504_213634.jpg
    20120504_213634.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 143
Ok Fellow Dsmers:hellyeah:! Hopefully I finally got pics up. $1200 purchase 92' Eagle Talon Tsi Turbo Awd. Everything on it:thumb:. 220 sumtin thousand miles on it. Heads been rebuilt. Just replaced Break master cylinder. Needs front driver & passenger side axels, New break pads & rotors, Newer tranny cause its slipping out of 4th & synchros are grinding & a few minor replacements nothing major;).. I dont know:hmm: if it was a smart purchase but any feedback & advise would be appreciated thanx:pray:...

Not really a looker but I think it has potential. It runs pretty good. Everything pretty much stock. I really don't have any definite plans for it right now accept to get it in tip top runnig condition.

Wow great buy bro, To be honest with everyone. I have not really seen any Talons in SD beside this one I currently saw at the junkyard which was in great condition!
Awesome buy bro! :) She looks lovely!:thumb::hellyeah:

Good look'n out Arnie... Actually I've seen a few but they were 2nd gen's... They were clean tho i know That...

Name - Manny
DSM - Black 1996 Eclipse GSX
Location - Chula Vista

I guess I am late to this thread. Here are some picture of my eclipse. Im currently looking for someone to tune my car with a safc2. If you know anyone please let me know.

Attachments

• 100_4922.jpg
    100_4922.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_4934.jpg
    100_4934.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 148
Looks good and glad to see some more DSM's posting on Tuners from San Diego! If you've got a wideband o2 sensor and a logger, along with the SAFCII, then finding a tuner won't be tough, however, if all you've got is the SAFCII then the odds aren't looking good.

Clean car and we'll see you around SD.

:dsm:

Thanks, Yes I got a AEM wideband sensor with a logger. I tuned my eclipse by myself and it runs good but I just know its not running at its prime. Also, Is there upcoming meets? I would really like to meet true people that are into the DSM scene.

Its rare for us to meet up sadly, usually due to cars not running or real life getting in the way

name: jak (jaksback)
cars: 95 talon esi and recently bought 94 talon tsi
...may my 3000gt vr4 rest in peace!

recently bought a 94 tsi from one of the members here. boy it needs a lot of work on a low budget. luckily i have all my own tools and can wrench on most cars theres a lot i dont know in the fine tuning dept. anywho, glad to be here and have learned a lot alrady from the forum post.
sorry no pics yet, it is on jack stands as i speak first just trying to clean the goo of years of crap built up.its a bit embarrasing at the moment.

jak

name: jak (jaksback)
cars: 95 talon esi and recently bought 94 talon tsi
...may my 3000gt vr4 rest in peace!

recently bought a 94 tsi from one of the members here. boy it needs a lot of work on a low budget. luckily i have all my own tools and can wrench on most cars theres a lot i dont know in the fine tuning dept. anywho, glad to be here and have learned a lot alrady from the forum post.
sorry no pics yet, it is on jack stands as i speak first just trying to clean the goo of years of crap built up.its a bit embarrasing at the moment.

jak

Weclome to the Forums Jak! Nice to meet you, I'm Arnie! :D

OMG I love Love Love 3000Gt's sorry to hear bout it! :cry:

How long was the car non op for? When I got my Eclipse Feb. It was non-Op for 5 years. So much " Crap was stuck inside of it " since it was not moving.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures :) :)

Its rare for us to meet up sadly, usually due to cars not running or real life getting in the way

That sucks, I've seen so many projects and cars that aren't running on the site and it makes me sad!

Would love to go to my First Dsm meet! Talk about cars and etc! ROFL

Name - Manny
DSM - Black 1996 Eclipse GSX
Location - Chula Vista

I guess I am late to this thread. Here are some picture of my eclipse. Im currently looking for someone to tune my car with a safc2. If you know anyone please let me know.

I'm loving your ride! What kind of paintjob did you get????

Also nice to meet you I'm Arnie! :) Welcome to DSM tuners!

NAME: Jeremy
CAR: '91 GS-T

So I've been a member here for a while (see my join date, LOL), bought this FWD back in 2010 for a cool grand. It's bone stock, which is kinda' nice (but it's a salvage title, which is not so nice). Previous owner was kind enough to rebuild the engine (but forgot to replace the three torn motor mounts :ohdamn:) So if you see me around north county, be sure to laugh at my absolutely awful paint job!

Attachments

• DSCN3411.jpg
    DSCN3411.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 135
Nice to see another North county dsm'er from the good part (Chris LOL)

The paint job doesn't look all that bad to be honest. Hope to see you around sometime (I'm like on the border between vista and oceanside)

Hi, my name is Dillon, I'm 19 and in the Air Force. I live in El Cajon and love going to meets altho I do like to bump my music I work on the engines and mechanics of the predator spy planes up at March ARB, but I'm trying to find a local civilian job. I'm fairly new to DSM's, but I'm really fast with learning and engines click with me. I'm always looking to expand knowledge of DSM and tuners in generally(I really want a 240sx s14 to start drifting on tracks)

and for my car, recently purchased in June 12. Very fast 380 or more hp, havent gotten a dyno personally. top speed SO FAR 170+ (this was personally discovered, i ran outta room so idk top just yet)

specs:91 gsx awd
devils own methanol injection,
16g BIG EVO III turbo,
550cc injectors,
reflashed epromchip computer, with DSM link,
3" GM maf w/converter,
3" downpipe & exhaust-no cat,
hks cams,
blitz boost controller,
hks turbo timer,
walbro 240 Lpg fuel pump,
act racing 2600lb clutch/flywheel,
new pwr inter cooler.
Racing head gasket with studs.
Allllll thanks to Sam at Road Race Engineering:)

Also i have 3 10inch kickers w/ 900w amp
and lojack(aint no one stealing my baby)

as it stands i need a new thermostat and radiator( i have a stock one looking for aluminum before i install)
and im pretty sure i have a major boost leak, have the tools for a test but like i said im new so idk how exactly. i try and try but not building ANY pressure(help with this would be great!!!)

Attachments

• 5L25Ge5F13Ka3F23J7c5b4c5d6dcb0fe414ec.jpg
    5L25Ge5F13Ka3F23J7c5b4c5d6dcb0fe414ec.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 5Gc5Z15He3Eb3Ge3Hdc5b05bd210c65291341.jpg
    5Gc5Z15He3Eb3Ge3Hdc5b05bd210c65291341.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 342
  • 5Id5Ka5H63Gb3k33Mcc5b2274759d42ae15b9.jpg
    5Id5Ka5H63Gb3k33Mcc5b2274759d42ae15b9.jpg
    981 bytes · Views: 437
  • 554622_367153216675030_624527040_n.jpg
    554622_367153216675030_624527040_n.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 140
Hi, my name is Dillon, I'm 19 and in the Air Force. I live in El Cajon and love going to meets altho I do like to bump my music I work on the engines and mechanics of the predator spy planes up at March ARB, but I'm trying to find a local civilian job. I'm fairly new to DSM's, but I'm really fast with learning and engines click with me. I'm always looking to expand knowledge of DSM and tuners in generally(I really want a 240sx s14 to start drifting on tracks)

and for my car, recently purchased in June 12. Very fast 380 or more hp, havent gotten a dyno personally. top speed SO FAR 170+ (this was personally discovered, i ran outta room so idk top just yet)

specs:91 gsx awd
devils own methanol injection,
16g BIG EVO III turbo,
550cc injectors,
reflashed epromchip computer, with DSM link,
3" GM maf w/converter,
3" downpipe & exhaust-no cat,
hks cams,
blitz boost controller,
hks turbo timer,
walbro 240 Lpg fuel pump,
act racing 2600lb clutch/flywheel,
new pwr inter cooler.
Racing head gasket with studs.
Allllll thanks to Sam at Road Race Engineering:)

Also i have 3 10inch kickers w/ 900w amp
and lojack(aint no one stealing my baby)

as it stands i need a new thermostat and radiator( i have a stock one looking for aluminum before i install)
and im pretty sure i have a major boost leak, have the tools for a test but like i said im new so idk how exactly. i try and try but not building ANY pressure(help with this would be great!!!)

Not really much of a fan for the 1st gen :tease:eclipses :shhh: ( Love the 4g63t Engine though ) , but I guess it's your blue paintjob that makes me like it ROFL :thumb: :hellyeah:

Also Welcome to the forums and the DSM scene Dillon, I'm Arnie! :cool:

Also if you have issues with your car you can talk to Kris http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/members/banishedmunk-69347.html and see if he can help you out, hes like the DSM mechanic for San Diego ;P But he won't work on N/T >.< !!!!!

thanks for the welcome Arnie, and i appreciate you admiring my car, im a fan of the 2gs myself but i couldnt pass this one up. and thanks for the info ill definitely hit Kris up, my car has been outta commision for too long thanks to this major intake boost leak. Hoping to get it back on the streets for those car meets. :D

thanks for the welcome Arnie, and i appreciate you admiring my car, im a fan of the 2gs myself but i couldnt pass this one up. and thanks for the info ill definitely hit Kris up, my car has been outta commision for too long thanks to this major intake boost leak. Hoping to get it back on the streets for those car meets. :D

Yeah no problem bro, just trying to help out!

Good day. Ive had Dsms, since moving here to SD about 11 years ago, been using this site to buy stuff and some tech, but finally registered.

My name is Joseph, work for the government. ive always been looking for new ways to upgrade and fix my car.

currently I have a 1995 mitsubishi mirage with a 4g63t swapped engine, components etc. most of the parts were from evolution 3 components. I have tried to complete this build for about 7 years.

some of the mods are:

Big 16g turbo
255lph walbro
SAFC
6puck clutch kit
K sport full suspnsion
brembo front brake kit
17in OZ racing rims/BFG tires
recaro evo 3 seats
custom harness bar
custom 3" full exhaust
koyo radiator
and probably some other stuff i am forgetting.

love the old school Evos, and of course a 2g eclipse fan too as ive had one before.

Attachments

• myevo3.jpg
    myevo3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 130
  • evo3a.jpg
    evo3a.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 140
Yup, one of yoshifab builds, I'm actually bringing it back to him next seek

Nice to see the regulars still around here. I havent posted since I lost my 97 spyder 2 years ago XD. Now I am sitting on a 2011 spyder though so not quite DSM material these days. Just stopping by to say hi~

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back