The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Safe boost on rebuilt t25

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawson159

5+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2017
Billings, Montana
My t25 turbo is being rebuilt rn and I will be getting it back next week. The car came with a manual boost controller when I bought it and I was wondering how much boost I can safely run on a stock rebuilt t25 turbo with upgraded intercooler,down pipe, j pipe, turbo back exhaust, upgraded fuel pump, etc. it has stock fuel injectors. I’ve read that 14 pounds of boost on a completely stock eclipse is the most you can run without wearing out the turbo quickly but I was wondering if I could run a little bit more safely(like 16 pounds) thanks in advanced for any replies:dsm:

Sorry,

The t25 without the boost resrictor bypassing the boost solenoid will run 12psi

Hooked to the boost solenoid will be a round 14psi

The most ive tried to run the t25 was 19psi with a forcedperformance waste gate actuator. At red line the car would go back down to 14psi.

There is no break in period on a new turbo, you should be fine to run it wherever you want. It is not effective enough to need extra fuel mods or extra engine management. It is designed to peak mid range in rpm to make the car more responsive to throttle input but has very little top end

So, it doesnt matter, boost it up.

Keep it around 15, Iv'e read many run it at that. Any more psi will wear it out quick and you won't be making more power out of it anyway. The t25 is a fun little turbo. Just not for big power. If you are after power, you should just upgrade the turbo. If not, run it safely and enjoy the longevity and dependability of a factory turbo. That's what I do. I can roast the tires through second and into third in my 98 gst if throttled and clutched right. It has great pull and enough power to take on most ricers that come up. It's not gonna stand up to any V8's or late model car's aimed towards performance, but it will hold its own ok. Good for a 20 year old car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back