1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

Sad Day - No More DSMs for Me

Posted by doubleclutch, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:55 PM

Please Support STM Tuned
  1. doubleclutch

doubleclutch Supporting Member

Joined Jun 26, 2009
    Canton, Michigan
    All,
    Today I sold my pride and joy. After 6 years of owning a GSX, 8 years of owning a DSM, and always owning an eclipse since i was 16 (I had a 3g i'm sorry, it was a good price), I finally am without an Eclipse to my name. Hopefully I don't regret it, but the move made since for where I am at and my family.

All that to say, THANK YOU to this forum and community! I don't know how I would have gotten through some of the more challenging tasks on my cars without the help of all of you guys. I really appreciate all the support.

Thanks again!
    Joe

P.s. I didn't make it too far away from the Eclipse, I'm getting an Evo X. Damn Mitsubishi's

My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (sold)

Street Build

14.945 @ 93.64 MPH
    1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST (sold)

T25   manual
  2. SrKegler

SrKegler Proven Member

Joined Feb 29, 2004
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    I know the feeling. Had a 92 Plymouth AWD for 12 years. At 75 though it was getting hard for me to fix things on it. Moved over to Corvette, let the dealership do everything.

1990TSIAWDTALON likes this.
  3. Kryndon

Kryndon Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2014
    Bulgaria, Europe
    One way or another, a DSM will crawl up into your life at some point later down the road. It's just how it is once you get into the game. Maybe your kid turns 16, accidentally finds F&F1 and watches it, then next thing you know you're out searching for a save-able 2G. It's a great first car for a kid anyway.

Jokes aside, good luck with your new set of diamonds :)!

My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14.769 @ 92.22 MPH
    90'AWDTalonFroggy likes this.
  4. DogWhistle

DogWhistle Proven Member

Joined Sep 13, 2012
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Life’s situations change. Because DSMs were an early passion for you, I predict you’ll be back in the game someday.

Best of luck. Please stay involved with this group to help all of us continue the integrity of the database for all future DSMers.

Evo’s are nice, but I’m still trying to figure out why they are more expensive to own than a DSM.

My DSM:

automatic

manual
    1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

385 whp   378 lb/ft
    1995 Eagle Talon N/T (sold)

manual
    90'AWDTalonFroggy likes this.
  5. Spoolin4Ever

Spoolin4Ever Proven Member

Joined Apr 24, 2005
    Moses Lake, Washington
    Was it easy to sell your car? Did you sell high medium or low? I'm asking because I want to sell my DSM also. But first I have to pull the motor! And fix....question is would it be worth it or should I part it out. Seems like I should be able to get $2k-3k for it running but only about 1K in part out, if that. But I am only guessing that's why I need some input.

6. streetraceboi

streetraceboi Proven Member

Joined Sep 4, 2002
    San Antonio, Texas
    Youll be back....THEY ALWAYS COME BACK L O L. Ive been in this for 17years, and can't ever see myself going away. The platform is just to great for what you get dollar for dollar and best bang for the buck, with a great community to help. Of course, we all dream of Corvettes Vipers GTRs etc, but I've seen DSM veterans try that route, and they come back for the fact that you cant beat what DSMs are capable of.