The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G S369 SX-E Anybody Run One!??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have had my Precision 5857 turbo since 2012 had ZERO issues with it. Been boosting since day one. Just upgraded to the 6266 hoping for the same results. Teach is own I guess......

Last edited:
I should have this up and running by the end of the week. I just have to shorten our pipe a little and weld the elbow to the housing. Pretty darn close now. Dyno results soon.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

On my way to get coolant so I can fire the bi*** for the first time in 8 months.

I just need a wastegate diapragm and we can head to the dyno and make some noise.

I have also found a big funnel the only way to get these cooling systems filled right on a fresh build.

That funnel is part of a great kit, used them at the last shop I worked at. Makes burping the system very easy, and the have a little stopper you can put in once the air is purged completely, so little to no mess.

Ill be keeping my eye on this to see what that turbo can do

I have good and bad news. The bad news is I tuned the car yesterday but, i don't have any good numbers to give you guys as we had some trouble with the wheel speed/tach pick up on the dyno and it was spinning incredibly hard on the dyno even with 8 straps on the car (6 on the front end) and up to a 3500lb load (car only weighs 2000lbs). This is the worst we have ever had problems with the dyno matching the engine speed. We set the dyno like we normally do to 3000 rpm while I am at 3000 rpm in whatever gear I intend to tune in. I dyno much different than most folks. I do not do single gear pulls. I rape on the car from a dig from 1st-3rd or 4th gear. We only did 3rd gear as the car will do 190mph in 4th and i did not want the extra stress of such big mph on the dyno for so long yesterday.

Well, once we started to get the car close someone finally asked about numbers so we started getting a little more clear on the pulls to prepare for a power pull (singular gear type pull) rather than a multiple gear pull. We had him set the sample rate to start at 5200rpm in third. After the run he thought the tach reading was way off. He asked me to look at the datalog and i let off at 8800 rpm and the dyno said I only revved to 7200. Before the next run we tried to verify the speed again at 3000 rpm and it still matched. I made one more pull to prepare for us to turn up the boost. We baseline our wastegate pressure at 41psi. We use three springs in the wastegate to accomplish this. It did the same thing and i went to the rev limiter in each gear as the car was finally running right. Same deal. Way off.

We decided to look and see if it was doing anything. It said it was only 550hp with the engine speed being way off. We had two other issues with the dyno as well making the number even worse. It was spinning the tires like it was its job. The cleaner the car ran, the more violent the wheel spin was. And I wasn't even no lift to shifting the car like we would at the track. And once we got over 135mph (7800+ rpm) in 3rd, the tires would shake very very badly and the car would stop accelerating . We had this problem last time on the dyno with these big 10" wide Hoosier R7's. It seems to do it once the car gets real nasty. It is only a dyno thing though.

After all that we had to replace the wideband sensor about halfway through the session. Once I was comfortable with the data from the car and how it was pulling (we had some off boost, full throttle studder issues from running a new set of primary injectors (8 injectors total) that the dead sensor was lying to me about) we decided to turn the boost up. We also run three springs in our Hallman boost controller and it does not take much to turn it up. It takes three full turns in from all the way out to start pushing on the springs. We gave it literally a half turn from there to see how it would respond before we went for more. It was nasty and violent. It spun to the rev limiter in each gear and sounded like an animal. I looked things over and finally someone asked me to check the boost (datalog only, no gauage). It went to 48psi. Without us knowing if we were making improvements or not and if it was even effficient I decided to call it and take it to the track and see what happens. I did a few more partial pulls to clean up another small studder on spool up and we called it a day. It showed 630hp on that last run spinning and literally smoking the tires. The dyno only read 6500rpm the last run and i took it to 9000. So things were way off. All that matters is the car performed flawlessly. The only thing we had to do was swap out the wideband sensor. It was 12 years old, so it had a good life. I wish it would always go that smooth.

Of course we were having so much fun no one took any video. One person was trying but is the worst camera man ever. With a phone of course. He sent my wife the best but, still crappy one. he sent it to her facebook. I am not on any social media so I am trying to figure out how to get it to my YouTube account. It doesn't do the car justice. It was a blast and so far I am happy. Which is good because I was very skeptical.

So we make our debut in June at 48psi. We will see how it goes. If the car survives the event, we may try another dyno and see what happens. It has spun on every dyno it has been on. And now it seems like it will be the most powerful it has ever been.

Last edited:
I have also found a big funnel the only way to get these cooling systems filled right on a fresh build.

Haha I thought u were talking about his exhaust.. I was like is this dude serious? Then I watched the video again. Lol almost a foot.in.mouth moment..

I've been ripping around on my setup then my wastegate failed. Spool is good, pulls like a freight train up top and continues to pull progressively harder up the RPM range. Overall I like it, should be around 600 pretty easily. Very streetable with the AGP T3 housing, the party starts around 4K in 2nd gear and doesn't drop off at all, pulls all the way to 8500. I'll have more info once I have some proper boost control.

ahh dang i was really excited to see the results from the S369 on your engine. Hope you've already been enjoying the setup a few years now!
I'm personally looking at the S369 SXE aka 9180 BorgWarner with a twin scroll t4 0.91 ar housing for the coming season of turbo fun. May end up going smaller though in favor of a little more response and use the S364 SXE aka 8776 BorgWarner... hard choices to make!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back