The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Running dual rail setups?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
So before the next season begins id like to finally get a dual rail setup installed. Im currently running 4 fic 1650s with a dual 255 intank setup with an inline bosch pump. I have ptfe 8an feed and return lines. I know I have a little left in my injectors but at 40+ psi im guessing sooner or later i will need to upgrade. I wanna stay with the 1650s as they are the best on the market imo and can run any type of fuel. For the record im running e85. My plan is to purchase the magnus dual rail kit and weld it in myself. I dont want to run my injectors staged but I plan on purchasing the forced four injector driver to keep everything clean. My question is can i technically splice in the injectors at the ecu and ground the driver to keep all 8 going all the time? So run a tee to feed the second rail and return and im done? Will this work?

Why dont you want to run them staged? I would think you will have a hell of a time trying to idle 2 1650cc injectors per cylinder.

I also wouldn't recommend tying 2 injectors to the same driver in the stock ecu. You would most likely overload it.

You could idle with 1 set and then add in the secondary injectors off idle.

http://www.forcedfour.com/4channelinjectordriver2.htm

this will be your friend in this case. youd be better to run them staged rather than all 8 running at once also. id say instead of going 8 injector your be better off going to a 2000cc/ 2150cc injector and get a good single pump like a magnafuel mp-4303. youll be able to go pretty far with that combo and keep things simple

My plan was to run an addition 4 1650s with the forced four injector driver with dsm link. I have ecm link. So running the all at once isnt a good idea? Can someone explain how the primary/ secondary function works in link. Im assuming that is what those two wires on the box are for. What signal wire do you use on the ecu? Also on the website it says peak and hold, could I run one set of high z and one set of Low z without using the oem resistor box

You activate the second rail with the fps in link, and then your global and deadtime goes to a second figure based on what all 8 injectors flow. Most people put the transition early so there aren’t any jumps in fueling at full boogie.

It ain't gonna idle for sh** with 3300cc of injector.

You do not need a driver box to run 2 sets of injectors. I ran staged injection on a stock ecu for almost a decade. 2 low impedance injectors is no problem for the ecu outputs.
So basically I would run the 1650s as my primary and have the secondaries turn on when I choose. I could technically run 4 more stock injectors if I wanted to?

I run dual rails, I definitely recommend running as small as possible for primaries for starting/idle/cruising purposes and then stage the much larger second set for a load above "x" where you have too much flow for the primaries.

I like to run identical size pri and sec. If one fails it cuts fuel in half and the cylinder just quits. If you run say like 1650's and 450's if a 450 quits, you go slightly lean and burn it down.

Back in the day, before I fixed my harness, my inj clips were missing the springs. I had several passes a wire came off in 4th gear. How many times could that happen without melting it down if I had secondaries 20% of the fuel of my primaries...

I like to run identical size pri and sec. If one fails it cuts fuel in half and the cylinder just quits. If you run say like 1650's and 450's if a 450 quits, you go slightly lean and burn it down.

Back in the day, before I fixed my harness, my inj clips were missing the springs. I had several passes a wire came off in 4th gear. How many times could that happen without melting it down if I had secondaries 20% of the fuel of my primaries...
I ordered the magnus weld in kit.....gunna weld it in and go from there

Shes in, decided on 8 1650s...Found a few small leaks when i boost leak tested it. Im going to make a leak tester tmrw with an aluminum plate do i can do it quickly

Attachments

• 3C083ADC-AD4B-4C88-B931-DD68A7FE87ED.jpeg
    3C083ADC-AD4B-4C88-B931-DD68A7FE87ED.jpeg
    392.6 KB · Views: 117
In and no leaks

Attachments

• 31375524-6927-4022-9BAB-A6C1789AA5C2.jpeg
    31375524-6927-4022-9BAB-A6C1789AA5C2.jpeg
    397.1 KB · Views: 87
  • AECF8869-89B3-472B-B7FF-68EAA2B82360.jpeg
    AECF8869-89B3-472B-B7FF-68EAA2B82360.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 55DD33F6-FAAD-4BD1-9F6E-204A42B5BFBE.jpeg
    55DD33F6-FAAD-4BD1-9F6E-204A42B5BFBE.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 97
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back