The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

RTMracing gone way down hill??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buhay6

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2010
Delisle, SK_Canada
Just wanting to hear other people experiences with RTM in the last few months since Ziggy left. I've noticed service has gone way way way down hill. There's far less communication, and things are taking longer to be shipped.
I order some stuff from RTM last Thursday with one day shipping......they didn't ship it out until TUESDAY this week, and on top of that UPS screwed up and its still not delivered.
My biggest problem was they didn't tell me a damn thing...NOTHING, so I'm sitting at home on my days off waiting on part to get my car finished and the damn package isn't even on its way.

It's turning into another DSMgraveyard type company very quickly.

Last edited:
I sent an email and called in July to buy some parts, still waiting.

Sad because I enjoyed dealing with Ziggy.
I've already taken my business elsewhere.

I really liked ziggy too. He was a great guy to deal with. Really miss that communication and shipping discount.
I know Ziggys left a big shoe to fill, he did an amazing job running rtm. So its understandable that itd take a few months to fill some of that void. But its been awhile now and things dont seem to be moving forward it seems.
I much prefer to support a canadian based company as there's so many benefits to it, but service is key.

I do think rtm seen this thread as i got a phone call from them, i missed the call so i'll have to call back tomorrow.
I hope they take this as what it is.... Note-able feed back.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to get lots of communication with Ziggy, now I dont hear anything from Abbas. I've only made on order, but he ignored the comments I had on my order. Hopefully its just growing pains, and things get straightened out soon here.

I
I do think rtm seen this thread as i got a phone call from them, i missed the call so i'll have to call back tomorrow.
I hope they take this as what it is.... Note-able feed back.

I'm by no means shitting on them either, call it constructive criticism.
I would still do business with them.

Not sure I would consider a 2 or 3 business day delay in shipping as "turning into another DSMgraveyard".
Oh i know it took 2 1/2 months and 10 phone calls for me to get my parts from those dinks. Glad they're out of business.
2-3 business days isnt bad yes but i paid for one day shipping not 3

Sounds like JNZ, I tried to spend my money with them for 3 months, wouldn't email me back, return my calls, or even return my PM's on here. I finally got a response on a thread of theirs advertising some sales. Easy to say I'll never spend a penny with them. STM and ExtremePSI are my go to Dsm shops.

Sounds like JNZ, I tried to spend my money with them for 3 months, wouldn't email me back, return my calls, or even return my PM's on here. I finally got a response on a thread of theirs advertising some sales. Easy to say I'll never spend a penny with them. STM and ExtremePSI are my go to Dsm shops.
Good to know, JNZ was a site I was thinking of ordering from....not anymore tho!

Yeah, I was truly surprised when Ziggy called it, Ziggy was always reachable and has helped me tons, probably spent 10k at RTM through Ziggy.

Come on guys give the man a chance. I did ordered some shit from rtm & delivery was on time . You have to remember Ziggy had a help Abbas is probably one man show at least for now.

Come on guys give the man a chance. I did ordered some sh** from rtm & delivery was on time . You have to remember Ziggy had a help Abbas is probably one man show at least for now.
dude I've given Abbas 6 months to adjust, it should only take 2 before you figure out a good system. I gave him a break on 3 orders but when I really needed my parts he failed completely.

Maybe it was just growing pains. I just received my order one day after placing it, and I paid for regular shipping. Great service on this order!

I've ordered about 4 more times from rtm and Abbas has really turned things around. Got talking to him and since he's the only one at rtm it's easier if you call opposed to sending an email. If he keeps running a tight ship like he's been doing he'll keep my business. I hadnt realized pual hung up his hat so to speak when ziggy left

Yeah, poor guy needs to find some good help but he has been willing to do what he can to keep a customer happy so far. Just needs to figure some stuff out still and I hope he doesnt burn out on it all before that. I had to do a rush order and he really came through for me, got me the stuff I needed FAST. Too bad TiALs tech support wasnt rooted in reality and messed it all up anyway, but Abbas had me up and running when I needed to be.
RTM will still be the first place I go when I need parts.

Abbas has been very good all in all, and has shipped me a few orders already and gotten them out extremely quickly and delivered without incident. My only complaint at the moment is the state of the web store. At least half of the items are constantly showing as out of stock, so not only can I not see the price, but if I want to order I have to email, and wait a week for him to get the item in before placing my order. Hopefully they can stock more items or at least have the webstore updated more frequently.

bump? Updates?

I'd like to say my experience with the new RTM has improved, but nope.

Haven't seen any change. Everything instock according to website, paid for upgraded shipping which *should* have arrived ~Tuesday at the latest. Haven't heard back, or seen anything.

Last edited:
i have ordered from them a Few times over the last year and it wasn't terrible. some stuff arrived on time, some stuff was a little delayed. one item had some missing bushings. took me a couple weeks but he did make it right. these smaller shops i am extremely lenient with. i work in service (computer support) and people friggin suck, so i understand his conundrum. i am sure i will deal with them again in the future, and as far as recommending to others, sure, with the advice of don't pester the guy unless there is an issue.

(i live in the sticks so there is no such thing as 'upgraded shipping' for me, so i can not comment on that part.)

Abbas told me my delay is due to a death in the family. I wish I could say it is easy to believe that in this day and age, especially in this thread.

My order (Aug 22) is for a set of Tokicos that he THINKS are physically in stock. He said he would let me know on Monday. It is Friday now, haven't heard back. My $750 hasn't been refunded and I really don't like money being tied up with unresponsive vendors.

However, my PayPal account says I have until mid-February 2019 to file a complaint. For now, I'll just keep pestering since I've been plenty polite and patient up to this point and he has not done what he said he would do yet. Will be hard to pester, since his phone# goes to voicemail which is full.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back