The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G RPF1 17x9 +35 Brake Options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1GASonny

5+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2018
St. Petersburg, Florida
Hey guys! I'm in need of a little help. Trying to find calipers seem to be interesting for my 1990 Eagle Talon TSi since I have these RPF1 17x9 +35's. Didn't realize that I would be out of option for doing a big brake swap when I looked into it. This is absolutely my fault. HOWEVER - I do need to get new brakes because mine are likely to be original.

Here are my questions - can I use something that can be from another vehicle? Suggestions on where to look to get new calipers? Or should I just rebuild?

I have the same size rpf1s. You can easily fit the 2 piston 92 and up talon brakes. It's a very budget setup.

For the 2 piston swap, I would recommend you get calipers and brackets from an 05 Outlander as well as rotors. Those rotors are an inch bigger than stock and that's the cheapest "biger" kit that you can get and fit on 17x9 rpf1.

After that, if you need anything better, I'm currently running wilwood plus 4 kit. Those are 13" rotors with 4 piston calipers. I was able to fit them on rpf1s with 5mm spacer

I have the same size rpf1s. You can easily fit the 2 piston 92 and up talon brakes. It's a very budget setup.

For the 2 piston swap, I would recommend you get calipers and brackets from an 05 Outlander as well as rotors. Those rotors are an inch bigger than stock and that's the cheapest "biger" kit that you can get and fit on 17x9 rpf1.

After that, if you need anything better, I'm currently running wilwood plus 4 kit. Those are 13" rotors with 4 piston calipers. I was able to fit them on rpf1s with 5mm spacer

Thanks!! I'm only assuming look for the AWD Outlander version?

i would highly suggest the 35 in back and 45 offset in front btw. 35 in front sticks out A LOT.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's mine:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back