The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Roll bar/roll cage design

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengoblin, I see your post on MM that 99gstracer linked quite a few posts back, did you build the tubular rear subframe yourself for the 2g (I think, couldn't tell)? I would love for someone to build these for a 1g. You could PM me if you want.

Greengoblin, I see your post on MM that 99gstracer linked quite a few posts back, did you build the tubular rear subframe yourself for the 2g (I think, couldn't tell)? I would love for someone to build these for a 1g. You could PM me if you want.

I 'm sorry I missed your post. I did not build a subframe. That is a magnus unit that you saw in that thread.

Kevin

That's mine:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Has anyone checked out Auto Weld Chassis Components Racing Manufacturing Chassis Products, 9" Ford Housings, 2x3 2x4 Mandrel Bent Frame Bending Danville PA? The prices seem really awesome and they list our cars for 90-99. I was thinking about getting a 4pt roll bar with a harness bar if I ever got some 4pt harnesses.

If I were not building my own, already had purchased materials, I would give these guys a shot, better than any other if their price is fair.

Good find.

I wanted to bring this thread back to talk about mounting points. I'm still looking at adding a 4-6 point roll bar, 4 points in the rear with 2 forward mounting points to serve as door bars. The question I have is the main hoop mounting points - I was wondering if we can mount the main hoop to the back seat base location as opposed to the floor. I'd like to leave the option open of moving the seat back to allow for a longer steering column for weight distribution, plus I'd like more clearance for my head when I drive on the street without a helmet. Is this mounting point safe and strong enough to be used?

Have a look at this thread about building the rollcage for my EVO2 :)

Nevermind the text in Swedish, but look at the pixs one by one.

Rule of thumb: NEVER attach a piece of rollbar where ther´s nothing on
the other side of the tubing, this will just weaken the rollcage:

Garaget | burbygge (KHRacings fotoalbum)

greengoblin, on the last pictures you posted there is a roll cage picture of a 2g, is this your cage?, it looks different from the one in your thread.
There is a mention to Archer brothers in the note, are these pictures of an Archer car, I would like to see some more of these pictures.
The reason for me asking is that my rollcage is patterned after an Archer built Renault and it looks almost exactly like mine, with some variations of course.
The tubes running from side to side and the others to the front strut towers going down are the same idea as in the Renault that we have, which I think is only one of two left, these cars raced in the Champion spark plug challenge, and also IMSA GT3 category.
When I started to built my cage, I took a very close look at the mounting points, on the rear, I even cut up that subframe section to see what was there, since mounting to floor was not at option at all.
Do you know if they or you went all the way thru the subframe or only the plate on top of it.
If they or you went thru the subframe, was a support built from the bottom?
This is, to me, the best cage I have seen for a 2g at least, can not say for the 1g, since I am not familiar with that back section, mounting points and braces are perfectly located for safety and making the complete car solid.
Mandy

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back