The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Road surge not making shift boxes anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThunderChild

Supporting VIP
Jan 5, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho
So I was just pricing out some parts for an auto trans build, and noticed that road surge has a note on their website saying they're no longer making shift boxes?

I was mostly looking to compare forced four and road surges product to see if there was anything crucially different from them, but this may make my choice for me, once forced four has their boxes back in stock....

Anyone have any other info?
I was planning to just run the shift box as a standalone without a standard tcu with a tap shift or paddles/buttons.

LINK

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180504-211235.png
    Screenshot_20180504-211235.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 74
Its been like that for a while. I remember him saying business was picking up and no longer had time for it. Also that he was going to post the parts list and coding for whoever wanted to build their own but I can no longer find the thread nor post.

He said some parts from the V3 went obsolete then FF came out with there new one and could not compare pricing plus he runs another business and the time involved in these delayed his main business so of course you look after the main one,

FF boxes are the same in essesence but are a tad more selection, both work well and do their jobs, wiring of thebFF is a little more involved as i have looked into it,

I currently run the last batch of RS V3 with bigger display but maybe 1 day i will swap to the FF if i need or want more programmeable adjustment

Right now forced four has the shift box plus on sale for 149... Normally 200. That's a great price for the features you get.

I use a Forced Four Shift Box Basic 2 (same thing as Plus 2 it looks like) and it is awesome. I use the auto upshift feature (RPM based but you can do mph based as well) at the track and the car runs extremely consistent with it.

My FF shiftbox is standalone and the only mod to my all stock 6/4 car and made it super consistant. That consistency is what helped it take a 2015 Camaro SS at our local Street Drags in Coffeyville KS last week. It was an 1/8th mile event so since my FAST dsm is down, I took the DD Talon. Here is the result....
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/forcedfour-smartshift-100-1-review-part-1-of-2.513993/

Roadsurge DID post that he was willing to put up a parts list so that others could build his product. I have been searching but can't find the article. I will post it up if/when I find it.
Marty

I think the original thead got lost during the revamp. It is still on Google cache, but only page 4.

Shawn at Forced Four is a good dude. Makes some quality parts. Haven't gotten to the point to run any of his products but you can best believe I'll be using his stuff.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back