The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

rewired alternator, melted wire underdfusebox, wire diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Gina2G

10+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2011
Beaufort, South_Carolina
I was wanting to confirm my alternator re-wire, I had an unfortunate incident where the new 4 gauge wire coming from the alternator, to the fusebox, has melted at the very end at the krimp ring on the fusebox side only. I belive that because of this, that the wire overheated from a bad connection, rather then a shortout/ wrong connection and deffinatley not overamperage.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Where I need help the most is how the white pair of wires from the battery connect to the fusebox area in the engine bay.

Since there are 2 sets of 2 8gauge wires together from the battery, these should get replaced with 2 4 gauge wires, but which bolt does the other go to? I understand 1 4gauge wire will go to 1 side of the fuseable link and the other that will go to the alternator, but Im lost where this other wire is supposed to go, I know its next to the fuseble link, but which side?

thanks in advance

that link is just showing the 99 fuse boxes when i have a 95, cant even see the wires in question

Last edited:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/ele...tor-gurus-needed-4-gauge-rewire-gone-bad.html

heres my new thread in the electrical forum, I re-installed a new 4 gauge from the alt to fusebox (only one that was melted) and now I can't get it to charge the battery at all, and no way to check the generator relay or the harness plug for the alternator which the wires look loose there honestly.

thing is, the battery, fuseable link and the alternator itself are all new but my dash is showing the battery & brake lights which points to the alternator, trying to figure out if its the harness plug or the generator relay.

can someone help me out on where to look? i'll be continuing to research. thanks in advance

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back