[RESOLVED] Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram

Posted by grnchevyz, Jun 9, 2008
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. grnchevyz

grnchevyz Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Cornwall, Ontario_Canada
    Wasn't too sure where to post this request so here it is. I have the FSM both chassis and electrical for the 98 Eclipse GSX...however I'm missing the electrical diagrams for the ignition switch to the rest of the car. I have 12v constant on IGN2 and would like to see where the wires run to prior to begin ripping everything apart and tracing wires. I have a feeling that the previous owner did this but I haven't really noticed it until I fixed a few wires in the driver firewall and noticed the windshiled wipers and radio stays on all the time :p

Would me mighty appreciated to get this diagram. IF need be I can post the diagram I have but you will notice it is missing the info I am needing.

- Lou

2. grnchevyz

grnchevyz Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Cornwall, Ontario_Canada
    Yeah so Mitsu says they cant go back that far on paper and online causes "privacy act" breeches so yeah...I'll keep trying, but im definitely missing that diagram in my FSM...I bought it on eBay so its a copy of a copy etc etc etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, Mitsu also says that for $80/hr they can fix it for me though...retards :p

3. luv2rallye

luv2rallye DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    $80? It's $120/hr down here!

4. toojung2die

toojung2die Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    La$ Vega$, Nevada
    Do you have this CD manual:
    Manual CD's : The ultimate DSM and 3/S Reference Solution!
    It has the schematic for the ignition switch pin-outs and from there it takes several pages to describe all the circuits involved. I started to put together all the information you requested but it got too big. I found this e-manual to be absolutely invaluable. Sometimes the diagrams get garbled but they're decipherable.

5. grnchevyz

grnchevyz Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Cornwall, Ontario_Canada
    Yeah, that's the same cd I have but am missing the pinouts you speak of...what page is it on yours? Maybe I'm just overlooking in in frustration :p

6. toojung2die

toojung2die Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    La$ Vega$, Nevada
    Here is the pin-out diagram of the switch:
    ignitionswitch.jpg
    Page 54-12
    Go to the alphabetical index at the back of the electrical manual under "ignition". The pages are listed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014